cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 06:20 AM   #11
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
. No more lawyers unless they're women.
I could tuck (in the Silence of the Lambs sense) while I type, would that count as womanly?
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #12
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Parrot Head is very funny as are many others on the board...we also need to get PAC, Senioritis and others in here as well.

I fill the metrosexual quota very well.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #13
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Could we perhaps procure anymore superheroes? It's rather difficult upholding truth and justice on one's own.
Last time I checked, I remain a female of the species - although certainly not in the superhero status of BG (who has become my role model).
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #14
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Last time I checked, I remain a female of the species
I am happy to hear that. I was becoming concerned we'd reached negative female recruitment levels as we seem to have lost both BDB and MM.

Quote:
...BG (who has become my role model).
I commend you on an excellent choice. I've also always rather liked BlueGoose.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #15
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I am happy to hear that. I was becoming concerned we'd reached negative female recruitment levels as we seem to have lost both BDB and MM.

I commend you on an excellent choice. I've also always rather liked BlueGoose.
And she's modest too? There is only one true BG!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #16
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Last time I checked, I remain a female of the species - although certainly not in the superhero status of BG (who has become my role model).
You live in the DC area, right? Are you single? If so, do you attend a singles ward?

My brother is in VA right now, just wondering if you might have met him.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #17
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Requiem, this is really good news if true and would mean things are really looking up in this glaring weakness in our community here. But we're going to need some kind of verification. We've had people come here doing a Crying Game troll which has been disturbing to some here when revealed. Your understanding of sports culture has some people here concerned. Sexist, I know, but concerns have been raised by valued members of the cult.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #18
Requiem

Quote:
Requiem, this is really good news if true and would mean things are really looking up in this glaring weakness in our community here. But we're going to need some kind of verification. We've had people come here doing a Crying Game troll which has been disturbing to some here when revealed. Your understanding of sports culture has some people here concerned. Sexist, I know, but concerns have been raised by valued members of the cult.
Very sexist SU. I grew up as the only daughter with five older brothers. Dad was their baseball coach until High School. Then he coached my traveling softball team. Thanks to his effots, I played softball at the college level at the Lord's University (yes, I am still an active member of the Crimson Club). So sports is a big part of my life and I absolutely love softball and baseball. Imagine a woman being "that way". I hope none of you manly types are threatened. Back to the kitchen I go.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #19
Requiem

Quote:
Please inform me who the "valued members of the cult" are on this board. Been a bad day - had my gender questioned and called a "baseball snob". I can take it - just let me know who I should not offend. Are you really a Ute?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #20
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Very sexist SU. I grew up as the only daughter with five older brothers. Dad was their baseball coach until High School. Then he coached my traveling softball team. Thanks to his effots, I played softball at the college level at the Lord's University (yes, I am still an active member of the Crimson Club). So sports is a big part of my life and I absolutely love softball and baseball. Imagine a woman being "that way". I hope none of you manly types are threatened. Back to the kitchen I go.
I'm looking at your avatar with its impressively girlish quality as I read your post and can't help but think, "The lady (?) doth protest too much." Women here are treated like royalty as I'm sure Barbara will attest. But we need better verification than bald assertions.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote