cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 12-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU v. Weber

I could only follow via ESPN.

Nielson actually hit some shots, from the three point line. Fischer came to play against a 3 and 5 team. So consistent with his M.O. He plays like a star against bad teams, and disappears against good teams.

Haws injured his ankle, but nobody knows how badly. The bad luck continues for this team. Aytes, bad calls against SDSU and Purdue which would easily have determined the game outcomes. Austin goes down in warm ups against the Utes. BYU experiencing its usual bad luck, with no good luck in sight.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I've sprained my ankle badly in the past. When it's bad, it's bad. Last time, I was on crutches. It took me something like 3 months to come back.

Hopefully it's not like that. But given the description that he couldn't put any weight on it, not a good sign.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

BYU may be sending out some smokescreens right now, but they're officially saying Haws could still play against Stanford. Collinsworth also reportedly had some soreness in his knee, which is why he wanted to take it easy against Weber State and only played 19 minutes. The rest this week should help. The weird thing with Fischer is, against the good teams he still gets open looks. They just don't seem to go down. Hopefully he can overcome that. It could just be mental. We need several players to step up Saturday. Stanford really isn't even that good this year. They're coming off a very ugly road loss by 15 to DePaul and just a 49-43 win at home against Denver U. BYU needs this one very badly. And even if they get it, maybe it doesn't end up helping them all that much anyway, depending on what Stanford does this year. It will hurt badly if they lose though.

Last edited by BlueK; 12-16-2014 at 04:10 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote