cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Placeholder

Placeholder post in case I come up with something to say later today.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Good thing I held this. I have a thought.

It's fun to look up old acquaintances. High school. College. People you haven't talked to since you left school. And then you find their blog. And their blog is crying out for attention. They are desperate for hits. For comments. The speak into the void, and the void does not speak back.

Until I arrive. Then the void answers. And messes with them.

There has never been a blog that I have been interested enough in to follow for any long period of time. Most are trash, but the ones that are decent are good at one particular thing. It might be photography. It might be humor. But then either 1) they stray from their area of strength and become bad, or 2) they are so repetitious that become intolerably boring.

I was listening to Michael Savage the other day on the way home. I must include the required disclaimer: "I don't normally listen to Michael Savage, but...." He was going on a little rant of how he is bored, and the public is stupid, and there are thing he wants to talk about, but the public is not interested. And he says "you want to be talk show host. You can think you can do talk radio?" And then goes on to say that the breadth of knowledge, experience, and interests you must have to be successful is quite immense.

That might be true of blogs too. You need to be able to surprise. Provoke. Move. Feint. Stimulate.

Someday I might start a blog. It's a kind of internet site where your words are in big print, and everyone else who responds, their words are in little print. I think a former denizen of this site once said that about blogs.

Perhaps better to be the thorn the proud lion steps on. The force of the lion's pad bearing down, tightening like a drum, and with an imperceptible crack, piercing and gliding through flesh, tangling in bones and sinew. Home at last.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote