cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 12:38 AM   #1
Alkili

Alkili is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Super psycho sister-in-law

My wife and I don't have a lot of money and are not to worried about wearing used clothing. A few years ago we got a call from my wifes brother (Dan) saying that they had a box of clothes that they were going to send to DI, and if we wanted anything out of it we could have it.

The box was at my in-law's house and we were going to go to a party there that night.

We arrived early before the party, So my wife goes through the box and picks out a few things that she would like and sets them aside.

once the party started my mother in-law thanked my sister in-law (who I'll call Amy) for letting my wife have some of the clothing. Immediatly Amy's eyes just kind of glaze over and she starts wondering the house like she is looking for something. People kept asking what she is looking for and she wouldn't answer. We have no idea what was wrong with her, she just stopped talking to everyone and is acting like a zombie or something.

After the party we went down to get the clothing that we picked out and it was all gone. We called Dan to see if he knew where they were... After looking for them Dan finally found them stuffed in the back of their SUV.

Nobody saw her take them so she must have snuck them out the back door just so we couldn't have them.

Fast forward to this week, my other brother in-law (Ted) has a little girl who is younger then Amy's daughter, so Amy offered to give Ted all of their hand-me-downs instead of just sending them to DI. It sounded great for Ted because they wouldn't have to buy a bunch of clothes for their daughter.

A few days go by, then Ted calls and asks if that offer was still availible. Amy throws a fit saying "I don't think we should have to supply hand-me-downs for the whole family".

I just don't understand why she would rather send the clothes to DI then help out her own family. I guess I wouldn't think much of it except that she keeps offering to help people out only to throw a fit about it later.

And when I say throw a fit I mean she is better at throwing a fit then any child I've ever met.

Some of us think that she's manic depressive others think she's just manic
Old 01-24-2006, 12:49 AM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Change the title of some of the relationships, and this sounds similar to something I've experienced. Some people are just really self-centered and abhor the thought of helping others. Some people just feel they deserve everything they've been handed in life and they don't want others to have any part of it.

For fun, strike up a conversation about the law of consecration with "Amy" sometime and see how she takes the idea.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:57 AM   #3
Alkili

Alkili is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
For fun, strike up a conversation about the law of consecration with "Amy" sometime and see how she takes the idea.
The only problem is that I don't want to make life harder for her husband. We don't need to make up reasons for her to start yelling at her kids and telling her husband that its time to go home.

2 weeks ago after they had left in the middle of my birthday party, we got a phone call where she made us put her on speaker phone so she could chew us all out for disciplining her kids. The only thing that could have possably pissed her off was telling one of her kids that he needed to share when he took a toy from another kid.