cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
If by plenty of warning you mean I had to lock on my brakes and hope I didn't go over the front end then yeah. I saw him coming toward me yes, but the turning sideways and completely stopping was the shocker. He knew that by doing so I had to go into the dirt or into traffic. He may have underestimated my speed, but he had plenty of time to apologize for it.

I think those who know me here would tell you that I'm not a confrontational person. That's the first time I've had words with someone on the road. RC got it right, if this guy had apologized or even pretended to care that he almost wrecked me I wouldn't have said a thing. But he didn't give a crap and the only reason he was mad was because he thought his cycling cred was being questioned. He just kept yelling over and over "I was on the right side of the road."

If I had it to do again, I'd probably leave out the "jackass" part of my sentence. But I was pissed.
I probably would have spoken Labanese, by shouting, "get out of my f...ing way". But that's just insensitive me.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:31 AM   #12
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
That's funny. Some guy gets dressed up in his cycling leotard and goes to collect cans.

Do wear running leotards?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:37 AM   #13
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
If by plenty of warning you mean I had to lock on my brakes and hope I didn't go over the front end then yeah. I saw him coming toward me yes, but the turning sideways and completely stopping was the shocker. He knew that by doing so I had to go into the dirt or into traffic. He may have underestimated my speed, but he had plenty of time to apologize for it.

I think those who know me here would tell you that I'm not a confrontational person. That's the first time I've had words with someone on the road. RC got it right, if this guy had apologized or even pretended to care that he almost wrecked me I wouldn't have said a thing. But he didn't give a crap and the only reason he was mad was because he thought his cycling cred was being questioned. He just kept yelling over and over "I was on the right side of the road."

If I had it to do again, I'd probably leave out the "jackass" part of my sentence. But I was pissed.
Too bad it happened. I am not sure why everyone feels compelled to apss judgement. I can certainly understand how it happened, and that sort of thing ticks me off too. I think I have related on here the story of how I swore rather vigorously at a utah supreme court justice once when he cut me off while I was riding my bike home from work. The awkward thing is that I was clerking at the supreme court at the time and he and I recognized each other as it happened (me, young punk sprinting to his open car window calling him colorfully unsuaul names; him, elderly man drivign very slowly and stunned to have someone on a bike suddenly yammering in his left ear about being cut off; exhange of stunned looks as recognition sets in). Like RC says, you are riding, your safety and maybe your life is threatended by someone else who does something really stupid and you react vigorously. Maybe you overreact some, but man it is hard not to do so. I find it a little amusing, to tell yout hew truth, that of all the poeple on the board it is Mike Waters complaingin about a mild overreaction.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #14
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Too bad it happened. I am not sure why everyone feels compelled to apss judgement. I can certainly understand how it happened, and that sort of thing ticks me off too. I think I have related on here the story of how I swore rather vigorously at a utah supreme court justice once when he cut me off while I was riding my bike home from work. The awkward thing is that I was clerking at the supreme court at the time and he and I recognized each other as it happened (me, young punk sprinting to his open car window calling him colorfully unsuaul names; him, elderly man drivign very slowly and stunned to have someone on a bike suddenly yammering in his left ear about being cut off; exhange of stunned looks as recognition sets in). Like RC says, you are riding, your safety and maybe your life is threatended by someone else who does something really stupid and you react vigorously. Maybe you overreact some, but man it is hard not to do so. I find it a little amusing, to tell yout hew truth, that of all the poeple on the board it is Mike Waters complaingin about a mild overreaction.
Remember last year when Horsvold was injured and he bled profusely due to being jacked up?

That kinda describes one's emotions when one's riding a bike.