cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Outdoor / Scouting / Survival
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #11
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Tanner Flats Campground up Little Cottonwood and Squaw Peak Campground up Provo Canyon are pretty nice spots. Am Fork Canyon has quite a few camping opportunities although I can't think of any names.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #12
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
We'll definitely have to hike up to the cave as she nor I have been up there... plus she likes hiking anyway and if it's easier, then great! The bike ride sounds like a fun activity and she has like fishing with me in the past... Thank you for your ideas.

As far as making reservations for a site? Do I just pay when I get there? What if a few other couples want to come with us? Do we pay by the car? Sorry... the only campouts I've been on where scout camps and up at my parents old farmhouse they used to own in Cache Valley.
check out reserveamerica.com. You can reserve a spot for Tanners Flat up Little Cottonwood. Usually you pay for the site and the site allows a max # of people and cars. It's usually 10-12 people and 2 cars, but each campground/site is different.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #13
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

You have lots of great choices, bYuPride.

One you may want to consider is Tinney Flat up Santaquin Canyon. Go during midweek in the summer if you can swing it. Beautiful little campground. Nice and quiet.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:47 AM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
We'll definitely have to hike up to the cave as she nor I have been up there... plus she likes hiking anyway and if it's easier, then great! The bike ride sounds like a fun activity and she has like fishing with me in the past... Thank you for your ideas.

As far as making reservations for a site? Do I just pay when I get there? What if a few other couples want to come with us? Do we pay by the car? Sorry... the only campouts I've been on where scout camps and up at my parents old farmhouse they used to own in Cache Valley.
Sorry for the late reply.

I've always just paid when I got there rather than make a reservation. I can only think of one time that there were no sites available. I don't hink it's much of a destination for those in Salt Lake and Utah Counties because it's so close, which is why it's usually easy to get a spot. It wouldn't hurt to call and get a reservation. I don know that you have to pay the $3 fee to get into the canyon, but you pay it right there at the station as you enter the canyon

The campground is Little Mill. It's about 1 or 2 miles past the cave. Here's the number:877-444-6777

I looked it up online and see that it doesn't open until 5/15.

Enjoy.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #15
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Sorry for the late reply.

I've always just paid when I got there rather than make a reservation. I can only think of one time that there were no sites available. I don't hink it's much of a destination for those in Salt Lake and Utah Counties because it's so close, which is why it's usually easy to get a spot. It wouldn't hurt to call and get a reservation. I don know that you have to pay the $3 fee to get into the canyon, but you pay it right there at the station as you enter the canyon

The campground is Little Mill. It's about 1 or 2 miles past the cave. Here's the number:877-444-6777

I looked it up online and see that it doesn't open until 5/15.

Enjoy.
Awesome! Thank you!
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote