cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default As Brandon Bradley gets more experience

it is becoming apparant to me that he is going to be a starter next year. I am not convinced that Shiloah Teo starts at SS over Scott Johnson. Will SJ start or will he be used as a backup at safety and corner as well as the nickelback?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

SJ will start.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
tmi
The beauty of the law of chastity is that despite your potential maxing out at 3rd chair others really don't know any better!

SHAKE IT LIKE A POLAROID PICTURE NATURE BOY!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Scott Johnson is the best player in the secondary. There's no way he's not a starter next year.

I could see Bradley starting over Howard or I could see Johnson moved to safety and starting there.

I like Te'o, but I don't see Pendleton being kept out of the starting lineup too much longer. I'm going to predict he transfers if he's not pegged as a starter by the end of spring.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
SJ will start.
At what position?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Scott Johnson is the best player in the secondary. There's no way he's not a starter next year.

I could see Bradley starting over Howard or I could see Johnson moved to safety and starting there.

I like Te'o, but I don't see Pendleton being kept out of the starting lineup too much longer. I'm going to predict he transfers if he's not pegged as a starter by the end of spring.
I think that he is limited by physical limitations the other players in question are not. I really like Bradley and think he is going to be good. I am in the camp that Johnson will start at SS. Teo will come in and play SS in Nickel situations.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
At what position?
At SS.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
it is becoming apparant to me that he is going to be a starter next year. I am not convinced that Shiloah Teo starts at SS over Scott Johnson. Will SJ start or will he be used as a backup at safety and corner as well as the nickelback?
Honestly I think he should be starting right now. He is fast. He makes plays on the ball and he is a solid tackler. Scott Johnson is the only one that has out played him at corner this year. Bradley in my opinion should be starting on the other side.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #9
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
Honestly I think he should be starting right now. He is fast. He makes plays on the ball and he is a solid tackler. Scott Johnson is the only one that has out played him at corner this year. Bradley in my opinion should be starting on the other side.
I wouldn't even go that far. Either way, Bradley should be starting right now and if it were up to me, Fowler would be on the bench in favor of Johnson at that safety spot.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #10
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
I wouldn't even go that far. Either way, Bradley should be starting right now and if it were up to me, Fowler would be on the bench in favor of Johnson at that safety spot.
If it were up to me Fowler would be on the Bench. I would start Johnson and Bradley at corner and Rich and Tafuna at safety.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote