cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I downloaded 3 great albums this week.

1) White Stripes "Icky Thump"- Great stuff. If you're a fan of the stripes you won't be disappointed. If you're not this one might put you in their corner.

2)Modest Mouse "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank" I've only had a few days to listen, but I think this is my favorite MM album yet. I don't know that there's a song the caliber of "Float On", but there are at least 5 songs that are very strong. Smith's guitarist Johnny Marr joined the band for this cd and adds a nice sound.

3) Beck "The Information". I know this one's almost a year old now but I hadn't bought it yet. Highly recommended.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
SteelBlue

After a few more days I have to strongly recommend the Modest Mouse cd. Very strong. Anyone else have that one yet? I have a hard time believing I'm the only fan here.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:27 AM   #3
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
After a few more days I have to strongly recommend the Modest Mouse cd. Very strong. Anyone else have that one yet? I have a hard time believing I'm the only fan here.
I have not listened to their new one yet, but I'll give it a try on your recomendation.

I do have and really enjoy "The Lonesome Crowded West" and "The Moon & Antarctica."

Are you a Built to Spill fan too? Their sounds are simillar and they both hail from the NW.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:49 AM   #4
SteelBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
Are you a Built to Spill fan too? Their sounds are simillar and they both hail from the NW.
I haven't listened to them. My brother turned me on to MM, as I'm old and need help with such things. I'll check them out.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 AM   #5
Fumamota McChopperdave

Fumamota McChopperdave

The newest Built to Spill is Dy-no-mite. Very good. Also, love the album 'Perfect from Now On.'

I'll have to check out the new MM... I was pretty disappointed in 'Bad News for People Who Love Good News,' made me wonder if their best work was behind them.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:08 AM   #6
SteelBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumamota McChopperdave View Post
I'll have to check out the new MM... I was pretty disappointed in 'Bad News for People Who Love Good News,' made me wonder if their best work was behind them.
If you didn't like Bad News I'm afraid you may not like the newest one. I liked Bad News and felt like "We Were Dead..." is just a little bit better.