cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Aulai suspended

http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=8165

I think this is the team rule he violated.

Team Rule #642

No player playing the position of center shall not snap the ball at the appropriate time, causing his teammates to jump offsides, no more than four times a game for three games in a row, or he shall be suspended.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:51 PM   #2
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos
http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=8165

I think this is the team rule he violated.

Team Rule #642

No player playing the position of center shall not snap the ball at the appropriate time, causing his teammates to jump offsides, no more than four times a game for three games in a row, or he shall be suspended.
I'm no expert, but if Sete wasn't snapping at the right time, wouldn't there be four guys jumping as opposed to just one? I think you got the team rule wrong. I think the real team rule is:

Team Rule #643
No player playing the position of center shall consistently snap the ball at the quarterbacks feet while the quarterback is in the shotgun position or he shall be suspended.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #3
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie
I'm no expert, but if Sete wasn't snapping at the right time, wouldn't there be four guys jumping as opposed to just one? I think you got the team rule wrong. I think the real team rule is:

Team Rule #643
No player playing the position of center shall consistently snap the ball at the quarterbacks feet while the quarterback is in the shotgun position or he shall be suspended.
Definitely more applicable. One of the strangest things about the game was that it kept happening, even after we lost the fumble.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote