cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Facebook observations.

...to steal a line: where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

It's a place where everyone is happy, where everyone looks a bit better than they do in real life, where the children are perfect intelligent angels, where all marriages and relationships are perfect. It is like Stepford wives (and the male equivalent) in exquisite, minute detail.

And every once in a while, a ray of darkness and despair emanates. What the hell? Who are you to freaking disrupt my sunshine?

One thing FB generally is not, is materialistic. You would have to go out of your way, somewhat, to reveal your income, and for the most part, people seem not to go there, at least in my experience to date.

FB is a chance to get to know some people you may not have known well, or kept in touch with. It's also the chance to wish you hadn't bothered.

Probably the worst thing about FB is the way it challenges your memory. As in, lets you know your memory is now liquified crap. We all know what we know. FB lets us know what we no longer know. It's our stories told by others, because only they remember.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

where all are happy and look better? Have you seen the elementary school photos I posted?

I have a number of "friends" now where I have no idea who they are, but I know how I am supposed to know them. I guess that's in keeping with the point about how I know my memories of my youth are fading faster than I realized.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Meeting a few people from your youth, meeting a few persons from far away places, and keeping in touch with locals who might be tougher to contact, I tend to find the place worthwhile for that purpose. A place for meaningful discourse or exchange of ideas? No.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I've actually noticed that you were kind of hot when you were a senior in high school. That long flaming red hair with bounce and body. Grrrr....ROWR!!!!
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I've actually noticed that you were kind of hot when you were a senior in high school. That long flaming red hair with bounce and body. Grrrr....ROWR!!!!
yes, well, I resent the suggestion that I am no longer hot.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
yes, well, I resent the suggestion that I am no longer hot.
Well Mike never was.