cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perry now trotting out his wife claiming "martyr"

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...ick-perry.html

Quote:
Anita Perry said:

"It's been a rough month. We have been brutalized and beaten up and chewed up in the press to where I need this today. We are being brutalized by our opponents, and our own party. So much of that is, I think, they look at him because of his faith. He is the only true conservative - well, there are some true conservatives. And they're there for good reasons. And they may feel like God called them too. But I truly feel like we are here for that purpose."

Here's the full 15-minute appearance -- a remarkable, emotional address threaded with religious references in which at one point (about 3 minutes in) she nearly breaks down, then (8 minutes in) makes the comments about the brutal campaign and later recalls someone who told Perry his political troubles were a divine test: "God is testing you because he wants you to know when you're in the White House, how you got there." It was a public show of emotion, not unlike Hillary Clinton breaking down in tears four years ago in New Hampshire under the weight of the campaign.
<puke>
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
For the life of me, I do not understand this strategy. This has to be the worst timing for the Perry camp to claim any kind of political persecution.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I'm still scratching my head about why the Perry campaign has not been able to put out an economic plan. He gets KILLED in the last debate over not having a plan, and then we get to yesterday, and he has a one-sentence formulation which is to drill our way to prosperity.

Are you kidding me?

Perry is dumb. We all recognize that. But a good handler would be able to hide that. Like Karl Rove. It seems like Perry's advisers are just as dumb as him, which is truly scary. Reagan apparently wasn't brilliant, but he was smart enough to surround himself with smart people. And he was a good communicator. Perry is a horrible communicator who has surrounded himself with stooges.

But it doesn't surprise me. Perry is the good ol' boy network to the extreme, and of course he is going to be loyal to the good ol boys who have financed him. He doesn't know anything different.

ANother thing evident is that the lack of actual work it takes to be governor in Texas (where it is almost a figurehead position), has not polished this very rough stone at all. He's been governor for something like 10 years in one of the largest states, and he looks like a complete political doofus and amateur.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

One more theory: he (and his wife) actually DO believe that God has chosen him to "save" this nation.

Narcissism is a trait that many politicians have in spades. Look at the current occupant of the oval office.