cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Home Improvement and Real Estate

Old 03-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Land line, newspaper and doorbell..

We just got a land line for the house because the wife's cell doesn't work well in some areas of the house. I also ordered the newspaper to be delivered and installed a new doorbell.. I feel with those 3 components I have finally arrived. I'm an adult.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
We just got a land line for the house because the wife's cell doesn't work well in some areas of the house. I also ordered the newspaper to be delivered and installed a new doorbell.. I feel with those 3 components I have finally arrived. I'm an adult.
Just wait til the new phonebook comes out!
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
lol..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
Lost Student

Lost Student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
I'm in the same situation... My wife and I have only had cell phones since we've been married but my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes last month so we wanted to have a more dependable means of communication from home, and ordered a land line.

I can't wait for the phone book; first thing I do of course will be to look me up...
Lost Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If your bell rings and you answer to door only to find a flaming paper sack filled with what the dog left on the lawn, it wasn't me.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

When we moved into our house last fall we had a landline put in because dsl was the only broadband available where we were.

The telemarketers started calling immediately after the phone was switched on. Like the same day. Over and over.

We unplugged it and just use our cell phones now.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #7
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
If your bell rings and you answer to door only to find a flaming paper sack filled with what the dog left on the lawn, it wasn't me.
we are also putting in cameras, booby traps, and a moat with alligators..

not sure if i spelled booby or moat right, but you know what i'm talkin' about! lol..

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 03-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
we are also putting in cameras, booby traps, and a moat with alligators..

not sure if i spelled booby or moat right, but you know what i'm talkin' about! lol..
Excellent.

I...that is, I understand kids enjoy obstacle courses.

I understand they're known as hooter traps these days. Just thought you'd like to know.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote