cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Mexico game

I haven't commented because I have been in too much psychic pain. I have since recovered.

The team looked tired. BYU guards (ahem, Jimmer) could not contain penetration. Drive and kick was working great for New Mexico.

And a lot of guys for BYU not hitting jumpers. But that's what happens when you get "jump shot happy".

I put this loss on Rose. He SHOULD HAVE developed his bench more so that guys can get some rest. It's really disappointing that Rodgers has not developed more.

Essentially now, this is a six person team. The five starters, and Abuou. You have Rodgers and Anderson coming in for literally 5 minutes max per game. That's not going to work.

I also think that this team has been reading the press clippings. Jimmer, I feel, is starting to become very stat conscious. And the other guys are not being aggressive. They are deferring. The team is at a critical juncture.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote