cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Church growth

http://ldschurchgrowth-us-canada.blogspot.com/
http://ldschurchgrowth.blogspot.com/

Yesterday was a fast Sunday of course, and in our testimony meeting yesterday a few speakers made mention of how small our ward is, but how good it is.

The chapel was particularly sparse of membership yesterday.

It can feel depressing to be in a shrinking ward. I don't think that our ward is any indication of church growth (or lack thereof), but rather it is a reflection of the economic forces that draw LDS families into an area (or make them steer clear).

It would be nice, someday, to be part of a ward that is growing to the extent that there is talk of a split.

In our ward, people talk about redrawing the boundaries so that we can have more people.

The good part of being in such a ward is that there is shortage of service opportunities, particularly in callings. The sad part about our ward, in particular, is that despite being fairly small, it is not particularly cohesive. I'm trying to change that, to the small extent I can.

Despite living in the burbs with a very esteemed school district, we have a very tiny primary, and also very small YM and YW programs. One thing it has taught me is that you may expect on thing when you move, but what you get may be very different.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote