cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Terrorist threat, anybody skeptical?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/10/us.security/index.html

I for one believe this is a cover-up for the BP fiasco.

Are you telling me that the largest terrorist plot involved Pakistanians originating from Britain?

Seems like a headline to cover-up the oil line breaking down.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/10/us.security/index.html

I for one believe this is a cover-up for the BP fiasco.

Are you telling me that the largest terrorist plot involved Pakistanians originating from Britain?

Seems like a headline to cover-up the oil line breaking down.

Oh brother.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

my understanding is that the subway bombers were british-raised Pakistanis.

this would be nothing new.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Al-Qaeda and Extreme Muslims have a very real and scary presence in many mosques in Britain and in other countries.

A lot of them British Born and raised or from their countries of origin.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
fusnik11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
Oh brother.
I mis-wrote.

What I was attempting to articulate was that the 'greatest' terrorist threat was a headline grabber used to push the oil fiasco out of the headlines.

You think people are going to bitch about paying thirty cents more per gallon of gas today since we are under severe and iminent terrorist threats?
Old 08-10-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Britain is full of these nut jobs.

I was in London a few weeks after 9-11 for an architectural studio. We were leaving on a Sunday afternoon, so I took the morning went to Speakers' Corner. There I found some nut-job radical crying out 'Death to America!...' okay not really, but it was more like, 'The chickens have come home to roost.' He used those exact words. He also said that OBL had nada to do with nada. And he said that the U.S. deserved it all. I started to get into it with the guy. He was claiming that Islam was the peaceful way. I asked him what they do with homosexuals in Islamic countries. He said that homosexuals were put to death in many Islamic countries. I asked him if that was the 'peaceful way.' He said that it was God's way.

So a large group of islamic men were gathering around this man, and they were REALLY into all of the crap he was spewing. So I thought I would make a point of the idiocy of what he was saying, so I got into a shouting match with the guy. That didn't sit well with a lot of the onlookers, who tried to get me to stop, so I said, "It IS Speakers' corner, isn't it? I can speak if I damn well want to." So the guy started to ignore me and just speak over me. So I pulled out a big fat fib and said, "This man preaches peace, but condones the destruction of the WTC and all of the lives of women and children and husbands and fathers that were stolen on that day. He preaches peace, while the bodies of women hang from ropes in the soccer stadiums of Afghanistan. This man preaches peace, but if I, a GAY MAN (the big fib) were to live in an Islamic country, I would be put to death."

Some news camera was filming the whole thing, so somewhere in some dusty archive bin of some news office, my 'coming out of the closet' was recorded for all time.

The crowd was not digging me, and I was getting a lot of nasty looks, so I left and caught my plane back to NYC and I haven't been back since.

But London is full of Islamic whackos.

Last edited by Robin; 08-10-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #7
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
Al-Qaeda and Extreme Muslims have a very real and scary presence in many mosques in Britain and in other countries.

A lot of them British Born and raised or from their countries of origin.
Seems like Rocky's phobia has been created by his unhealthy addiction to talk radio. Rocky even got freaked out by the Dubai Ports deal, a deal with sweeping support from conservative think tanks and intellectuals.
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
You think people are going to bitch about paying thirty cents more per gallon of gas today since we are under severe and iminent terrorist threats?
Yes. People always complain about the rising cost of gas and look to anything as for a reason it's gone up. Next time you're fueling up a vehicle, start a conversation with the guy next to you and listen to his thoughts on why fuel prices are increasing. I've heard some rather amusing things - the best being that Big Oil is afraid of the terrorists blowing up all the oil wells so they're trying to get as much money as they can before the terrorists take over.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug
Seems like Rocky's phobia has been created by his unhealthy addiction to talk radio. Rocky even got freaked out by the Dubai Ports deal, a deal with sweeping support from conservative think tanks and intellectuals.
Lots of folks - both conservative and liberal - got freaked out by that deal. Rather amusing, IMO.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:20 PM   #10
fusnik11

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
Yes. People always complain about the rising cost of gas and look to anything as for a reason it's gone up. Next time you're fueling up a vehicle, start a conversation with the guy next to you and listen to his thoughts on why fuel prices are increasing. I've heard some rather amusing things - the best being that Big Oil is afraid of the terrorists blowing up all the oil wells so they're trying to get as much money as they can before the terrorists take over.
How about the truth? You can hear it from me.

Bush and his homeys are allowing Big Oil to rape Americans because:

a. he is part of big oil

b. his family is basically Saudi