cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2022, 02:40 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Roe vs. Wade overturned on 6/24/2022

1. Sure seems like the leaker was against overturning the decision. There was a prior argument that the leaker was a conservative who was trying to pressure a justice who had changed his/her mind to follow along with Roberts.

2. I can't view CB politics anymore (for years actually, because I'm banned). So I don't have a feel for what LDS message board nuts think.

3. It makes me reflect on how little the LDS church has weighed in on abortion. I think the church has made more efforts to stop lotteries than it has abortion.

4. Even though my FB friends are probably more weighted to conservatives than average, 99% of the commentary today about the decision was anger and pro-Roe, versus happy and anti-Roe. People that support this decision are keeping their mouths shut. At least in my neck of the woods.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:06 PM   #2
jadesroom

jadesroom is on a distinguished road
Default Count me among the anti-roe crowd

I was somewhat ambivelent until one of my children was born 13 years ago. She's a premie, 24 weeks, 1 lb. 10 oz.

Today she's a wonderful, talented teenager who brings joy to all who know her.

The abortion crowd is full of nuts who want children killed.
jadesroom is offline   Reply With Quote