cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

The Celtics matchup with LA better than anyone. Look at the matchups:

Perkins vs Gasol: Pau has shown that he is very soft and that he struggles with big bodies. Perkins will lean on him and cause him problems but I still give a big advantage to Pau.

KG vs Odom: I love this matchup, however KG is better on both ends of the floor and he may be the only person in the NBA that can guard Odom from the 4 spot.

Radmanovic vs Pierce: Pierce will own this matchup.

Allen vs Kobe: Obviously Kobe has the advantage, however Ray Allen works hard offensively, he runs through lots of screens and he works tirelessly, I dont see Kobe guarding him the whole series, he will have to work to hard on both ends.

Rondo vs Fisher: Another good matchup, I give Fisher the advantage due to his experience but Rondo has been good in the playoffs.

Bench: I give this to the LA because their bench has played so well in the post season, but PJ Brown, Leon Powe, Big Baby, Tony Allen, Eddie House, Sam Cassell are all solid bench guys that can get hot.

I really think this will be a good series. Remember Boston led the NBA in defense and it wasnt close.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #12
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
The Celtics matchup with LA better than anyone. Look at the matchups:

Perkins vs Gasol: Pau has shown that he is very soft and that he struggles with big bodies. Perkins will lean on him and cause him problems but I still give a big advantage to Pau.

KG vs Odom: I love this matchup, however KG is better on both ends of the floor and he may be the only person in the NBA that can guard Odom from the 4 spot.

Radmanovic vs Pierce: Pierce will own this matchup.

Allen vs Kobe: Obviously Kobe has the advantage, however Ray Allen works hard offensively, he runs through lots of screens and he works tirelessly, I dont see Kobe guarding him the whole series, he will have to work to hard on both ends.

Rondo vs Fisher: Another good matchup, I give Fisher the advantage due to his experience but Rondo has been good in the playoffs.

Bench: I give this to the LA because their bench has played so well in the post season, but PJ Brown, Leon Powe, Big Baby, Tony Allen, Eddie House, Sam Cassell are all solid bench guys that can get hot.

I really think this will be a good series. Remember Boston led the NBA in defense and it wasnt close.
I think you'll see Kobe playing Pierce some defensively (I didn't see any Celtics-Lakers games this year, so I may be wrong).

I agree, it should be a good series. I think the Lakers will be favored to win, but I'm certainly not predicting an easy Lakers victory. In fact, I think for the Lakers to win, they'll have to do it on the defensive end...which they're capable of but which isn't their natural strength.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #13
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
If your argument is that the Spurs are not one of the best teams in the NBA, I suggest you find another position to argue from.

The fact that the Lakers beat the Spurs in only 5 games simply highlights how good it appears that they are.
I meant if the Lakers have beat the 'best teams' in the NBA, then surely the team that beat them twice must be considered one of the best teams, and not a team that couldn't beat them at all.

That's all I was saying.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #14
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I meant if the Lakers have beat the 'best teams' in the NBA, then surely the team that beat them twice must be considered one of the best teams, and not a team that couldn't beat them at all.

That's all I was saying.
Yes, I would include San Antonio & Utah in the "Best Teams" category. I would not include Denver.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:08 AM   #15
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

The only good thing about the Lakers making the Finals is watching the Lakers lose in the Finals. And the fact that the Jazz aren't there. And that they weren't even close. And that the NBA champs will be headed by an NBA award-winning BYU basketball player.