cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #10
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
I agree with Il...if Tav starts the night off 0-2 or 1-4 or something like that, I would just leave him and every time he touches the ball, just point at him and laugh and laugh and laugh. Tav has always seemed like the kind of guy that his head would explode if he gets mad enough. If Tav is hot, that creates a huge problem and a mismatch problem, if he is not, any player would be fine guarding Tav.

Defensively, I would leave Nevill on Plaisted all game long. Cummard is the problem. Tillie can handle him down low but gets killed outside. Not ideal, but you use Green to try and be physical with him and you use Bohra to try and be active with him. Either way, Cummard is going to get at least 15 points. Now, if they can keep him around that number, they have a chance.

Bryant, Kepkay and Drca just need to stay with the Y guards. I would not help down low on Plaisted (unless by something unexpected like Plaisted going off).

Cummard will have a good game...if you keep the guardline average and Tav is not hot, I like the Ute chances. If Cummard is really good and the guardline or Tav has a better than average game, Y wins this going away. Here's to hoping that Bryant gets his 25 and Nevill takes care of Plaisted offensively and defensively.
Lee's not going to drive the ball to score. He's really not a perimeter scorer. He'll post you up and hit turnarounds, hit mid range jumpers off screen, and hit open three's. He scores most of his points it seems on fast breaks and garbage points. He'll have 18 points and it will be hard to remember more than a few of his baskets.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote