cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2006, 08:12 AM   #1
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tour de Romandie

Anyone following this? Valverde is kicking some butt. The guy can sprint and climb. He may be peaking a bit too early this year (as might Flandis, btw) but this guy will be a force to be reckioned with in the future and even though he may not win the tour this year (but I won't say he can't) he will probably be in the mix to such a degree that he will affect the outcome.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:27 AM   #2
creekster

After popping off about valverde he goes out and stinke\s it up in the ITT, finishing 14th. Oh well; I still think he bears watching.

Did you see The Kaiser's time? Almost 50 minutes down at the finish. Ouch. Strudel boy is going to ride the Giro, he says, but not try to win in orde ot prepare for the TdF while still racing.

And yes, I do realize I am having this conversation with myself. Why do you ask?

No reason. as you were.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

I've not followed this tour at all. But I have also wondered if it is possible that Landis might be peaking too early. No doubt he has worked extra hard this offseason, it'll be interesting to see if he still has his legs come the first week of July.

I say, yes, as he is setting himslef up to be a serious contender in Le Tour.

Did you hear the other day when someone asked him if he hopes to be the next Lance. His response, "Yes, that would be nice." Nothing like saying it how it is. I also wouldn't mind being the next Lance, so thanks for asking. $19 million a year to ride a bike? Not bad.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
creekster

I would like to be the next Lance too, as long as I didn't have to work too hard, leave my wife and date Sheryl Crow, and as long as I could hang onto all the family's valuables, if you know what I mean. As with most things, it typically looks better on the outsdide than it does on the inside, right? Naaa, I'm sure it's great.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Good points creekster. My life is really pretty good right now, despite my meager earnings, spaghetti noodle quadriceps, lack of fame and fortune, and the fact that I am very happily married with a wife and 3 kids that I absolutely adore. Can't have it all, I suppose.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote