cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jimmer looked like crap against CSU

8 turnovers, a career high.

I just looked at the official espn box score, and it says 7 turnovers and 2 assists. Just making a lot of dumb decisions. Driving into the lane, with nothing there. He can't elevate. He just lunges, begging for fouls.

If you want to be perfectly honest, I think he plays pretty selfishly at times. It's not smart to leave your feet in the lane, with no shot, and nowhere to go. That's going to be a turnover.

That was an ugly game for BYU. This team is not improving, and may in fact be regressing. That's worrisome.

The good thing is that Brandon Davies is getting better, and more aggressive.

I would not be surprised if SDSU blows out BYU on Sat.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
8 turnovers, a career high.

I just looked at the official espn box score, and it says 7 turnovers and 2 assists. Just making a lot of dumb decisions. Driving into the lane, with nothing there. He can't elevate. He just lunges, begging for fouls.

If you want to be perfectly honest, I think he plays pretty selfishly at times. It's not smart to leave your feet in the lane, with no shot, and nowhere to go. That's going to be a turnover.

That was an ugly game for BYU. This team is not improving, and may in fact be regressing. That's worrisome.

The good thing is that Brandon Davies is getting better, and more aggressive.

I would not be surprised if SDSU blows out BYU on Sat.
I predict an Aztec win of 79-71 but I would not be surprised if BYU won, as we match up well against them.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
That was an ugly game for BYU. This team is not improving, and may in fact be regressing. That's worrisome. I would not be surprised if SDSU blows out BYU on Sat.
A year or two ago Indy Coug created a multi-year RPI/Bracketology/Seeding chart that showed BYU is traditionally seeded 2-3 spots lower than they should have been, when compared to the similarly ranked teams each year.

Presently BYU is a 2 in Bracketology. Suppose they do lose big in San Diego, and maybe drop another game and fall to a 3. Does that mean they will ultimately get a 5 or 6 seed?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Assuming that they lose two more games. SDSU and lose a game in the conference tourney. Yeah, I could easily see a 5 seed.

BYU could lose 3 more games. Those two + new mexico. Losing to NM at home would be devastating.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote