cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 04:56 AM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Poor Rich Franklin

Seriously its not even fair that he has to fight Anderson Silva. Silva is barnone the best pound for pound fighter in the world, it is sickening how good he is, I went through the whole 170,185, and 205 division looking at potential matchups of fighters that could move up, or down and fight him, and i cant think of anyone that stands a chance except maybe Dan Henderson.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:58 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never heard of any of these guys you mention. Is this Pride or MMA or CNN?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I never liked Franklin much so I am not going to boo hoo over him. Though he is a talented fighter. It does suck that Silva doesn't get his props from fans. He's nasty. I don't think anyone can beat him.

I didn't see the fight last night, but read that they signed Brock Lesnar. I wonder if this will make Rocky an MMA fan? Was he there in attendance? How did he look? I remember that this guy was a physical specimen in the WWE.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:05 PM   #4
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
I never liked Franklin much so I am not going to boo hoo over him. Though he is a talented fighter. It does suck that Silva doesn't get his props from fans. He's nasty. I don't think anyone can beat him.

I didn't see the fight last night, but read that they signed Brock Lesnar. I wonder if this will make Rocky an MMA fan? Was he there in attendance? How did he look? I remember that this guy was a physical specimen in the WWE.
LEsnar was there and he is huge just like when he was in the WWE. Also if you saw the first Franklin-Silva fight you know exactly what happened i this one. Rich was actually knocked out at the end of the first round, but the bell rang just as big john jumped on him to stop the fight. The start of the second round Anderson got him in the clinch like the first fight and busted his nose again.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:

I've always been an MMA fan. Admittedly I'm not as much into as you guys are and don't know a lot of the fighters, but I did read about Lesnar being signed, so it'll be interesting to see what he'll be able to do.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:36 AM   #6
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

He looked like he weighed at least 280. I wonder if he'll cycle correctly and get off of roids in time for his post fight testing. He's just what the UFC needs, another huge, boring, heavyweight. Judas Priest UFC is going to f MMA up.

Why sign Brock? Shell out the money for Fedor, resign Barnett, pay a little more to Couture and have a real heavyweight division.

If the UFC isn't an afterthought in 10 years I will be shocked.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:42 AM   #7
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
He looked like he weighed at least 280. I wonder if he'll cycle correctly and get off of roids in time for his post fight testing. He's just what the UFC needs, another huge, boring, heavyweight. Judas Priest UFC is going to f MMA up.

Why sign Brock? Shell out the money for Fedor, resign Barnett, pay a little more to Couture and have a real heavyweight division.

If the UFC isn't an afterthought in 10 years I will be shocked.
Brock Lesnar is no amateur. He's a 2 time NCAA Heavyweight Wrestling Champion. To top it off he's athletic as hell and nearly made the Minnesota Vikings after never having played a down of college football in his life.

It'll be interesting to see if he's able to make the transition to the UFC world.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:45 AM   #8
RockyBalboa

Lesnar nearly broke his neck (for reals) doing this move at Wrestlemania XIX.

I have no idea how embed a Youtube video or I'd just do that...so here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea15p4hM_3M
Old 10-23-2007, 03:48 AM   #9
RockyBalboa

Also just for fun and shits n giggles...here's a highlilght of the best moments on Smackdown when Brock Lesnar suplexed the Big Show off the top rope and they busted the ring.

I was busting out laughign when I saw it, cause obviously the ring was rigged,,,but still entertaining to watch and almost more entertaining to hear the fans "Holy Shit" reaction chants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pGDUz8pfY4
Old 04-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

well, we know how it turned out for Lesnar.

MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote