cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2008, 01:56 AM   #11
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
You were dead to me when you started letting UteStar select your avatars.
Really? I thought you'd be flattered that he suggested I use this picture of you.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:57 AM   #12
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I like this tender side of Mike. We should see it more often.

Y is now an ACDC guy in my book. Driving home, I heard two ACDC songs, the first "Highway to Hell", a veritable classic for the ages, and the one I hadn't heard recently but had me laughing my guts out, "Big Balls".

What a great song.

and yes Y has big balls coming here and admitting that blasphemy.
Thanks Arch. I remember listening to that song in disbelief that they could get away with saying balls on the radio.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:58 AM   #13
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Really? I thought you'd be flattered that he suggested I use this picture of you.
That is below the belt Babs. You know I'm sensitive about my balding.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:13 AM   #14
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

I do hope you're proud of yourself. She's going to take the state in a landslide. Now we're going to have to listen to her pretend she's still a contender.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:19 AM   #15
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

I thought you Mormons were going to let McCain lose so that a real republican can step forward in 2012. I didn't believe it for a second, but figured you'd at least hide your shame for a bit longer.

McCain recently announced his belief in the long-debunked idea that vaccines cause autism. Clearly, evidence won't have any more sway with him than it has with Bush.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:26 AM   #16
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I thought you Mormons were going to let McCain lose so that a real republican can step forward in 2012. I didn't believe it for a second, but figured you'd at least hide your shame for a bit longer.

McCain recently announced his belief in the long-debunked idea that vaccines cause autism. Clearly, evidence won't have any more sway with him than it has with Bush.
What are you talking about woot?
Old 03-05-2008, 03:27 AM   #17
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I do hope you're proud of yourself. She's going to take the state in a landslide. Now we're going to have to listen to her pretend she's still a contender.
Hillary just promised me the Ohio that I deserve. Likewise, I promise Cougarguard the YOhio that you guys deserve.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:29 AM   #18
woot

Quote:
What are you talking about woot?
Did I stutter? Perhaps you weren't around, but back when Romney dropped out we had near universal consensus among the conservative mormons that McCain was a bad candidate and it'd be better if he lost so that in 2012 an actual conservative might be able to win.

Tex was the least believable, and I still think that there's about a 100% chance he'll vote for McCain, but that's what was being said.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:35 AM   #19
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Did I stutter? Perhaps you weren't around, but back when Romney dropped out we had near universal consensus among the conservative mormons that McCain was a bad candidate and it'd be better if he lost so that in 2012 an actual conservative might be able to win.

Tex was the least believable, and I still think that there's about a 100% chance he'll vote for McCain, but that's what was being said.
Evidence please. I assume that you're referring to the conservative mormons here on Cougarguard, but I don't recall the near universal consensus among conservative mormons to which you refer. If you produce evidence of this near universal consensus among conservative mormons, then I WILL NOT IGNORE IT LIKE JOHN MCCAIN WOULD and acknowledge your right to sneer. Otherwise my impression that you make up stuff will merely be confirmed.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:37 AM   #20
woot

Quote:
Evidence please. I assume that you're referring to the conservative mormons here on Cougarguard, but I don't recall the near universal consensus among conservative mormons to which you refer. If you produce evidence of this near universal consensus among conservative mormons, then I WILL NOT IGNORE IT LIKE JOHN MCCAIN WOULD and acknowledge your right to sneer. Otherwise my impression that you make up stuff will merely be confirmed.
Yes, I was referring to the conservative mormons on this board. Thus the "we," but I should have been more explicit. Your impression that I "make up stuff" is false.