cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #1
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default War Czar????

You have got to be kidding me, right?

What about the title of Commander-in-Chief?

<Lincoln, FDR, Truman and Eisenhower roll over in grave>

http://abcnews.go.com/

Also, I wonder what Gates thinks of this.

Last edited by 8ballrollin; 05-15-2007 at 11:39 PM.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I guess now that we have a "war czar," whose specific calling is to manage the "wars" in Iraq and Afghanistan, such war czar being so designated and appointed by President Bush, the one responsible for that misbegotten and mismanaged adventure in Iraq, that should silence those such as Waters and Archea who suggest that what is going on there is something other than a war.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I guess now that we have a "war czar," whose specific calling is to manage the "wars" in Iraq and Afghanistan, such war czar being so designated and appointed by President Bush, the one responsible for that misbegotten and mismanaged adventure in Iraq, that should silence those such as Waters and Archea who suggest that what is going on there is something other than a war.
Please grant us God a slick president next time. Be it Guili, Mitt or Obama, but grant us one who can successfully delude us.

Bush has nobody to intervene in his abortion of a presidency. I imagine, in person, I would enjoy his company (the reason I say this, is I have met his uncle, and quite enjoyed his company at a little picnic. However, he has mismanaged his PR and the occupation.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:54 AM   #4
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Please grant us God a slick president next time. Be it Guili, Mitt or Obama, but grant us one who can successfully delude us.

Bush has nobody to intervene in his abortion of a presidency. I imagine, in person, I would enjoy his company (the reason I say this, is I have met his uncle, and quite enjoyed his company at a little picnic. However, he has mismanaged his PR and the occupation.
This presidency has been a complete and total disaster. He doesn't deserve the personal attacks he gets because I think he is a nice person and means well, but he's a terrible president. But the ineptitude goes beyond just bad PR. I'm barely old enough to remember Carter but between the two it's hard to pick whose PR was worse. The only thing better about Bush is that fortunately he hasn't messed with the economy. And that's only because leaving the economy alone is a key tenet of neocon philosophy. That might be the only redeeming quality of neoconism.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote