cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2006, 03:24 AM   #1
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For all the Che hatas out there...

I remember the "honor" of Che Guevara being a topic of discussion a while back and wanted to post the link to a new Andy Garcia movie The Lost City. It's 1958 when the regime is coming into power and a family is losing its business. Since it's cubano, it has to have plenty of music and dance.

I read an article about the movie in Hispanic magazine (my attempt to be like Archaea and show my multicultural well-roundedness :wink: ) and he commented on kids wearing the Che shirts. He likes to question them as to why they wear them -- "He had a great vision and wanted to lead the people." Then he asks them if they know the facts behind his executions of innocent people in Garcia's homeland of Cuba. I guess that might end the conversation.

It's got Bill Murray, Hoffman, Garcia and comes out in limited release later this month, but I thought it might be interesting to see a different, perhaps more factually accurate, point of view.
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:25 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

when i don't cut or comb my hair and don't shave (which is often), I have been told that there is a resemblance between me and Che.

Is that a compliment?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:43 AM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
when i don't cut or comb my hair and don't shave (which is often), I have been told that there is a resemblance between me and Che.

Is that a compliment?
I've seen one picture of you, and you looked kind of like Bob Marley. Has anyone ever told you that?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote