cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Palin "clueless"

"Capitol Hill sources are telling me that senior McCain people
are more than concerned about Palin."

"The campaign has held a mock debate and a mock press conference; both are being described as "disastrous." One senior McCain aide was quoted as saying, "What are we going to do?" The McCain people want to move this first debate to some later, undetermined date, possibly never. People on the inside are saying the Alaska Governor is "clueless."

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/...alin-talk.html
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

The source is Andrew Sullivan. Enough said.

EDIT: Oops, it's worse than that. This comes from Ed Shultz, liberal talk radio host. Great job, Cali! Why not just link straight to DailyKos, eh?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
That reeks of confidence on the part of the McCain campaign, doesn't it? They must think she is really good to show her off this much.
They're just making sure she knows who was president in 1929.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 09-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I can honestly see how it would take them over a month of preparations to teach her that point.
It's not so bad when you consider Biden hasn't learned it in 35 years.

By the way, did you love in the debate how when McCain criticized Obama's foreign policy record as US Senator, the very first thing Obama did was cite his VP pick? He conceded the point with his first sentence. Hilarious.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 09-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I can't wait for the VP debate.

Assuming it doesn't get canceled that is.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #6
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

VP debates are important why?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

The sad thing about Palin is that Americans are likely more interested in seeing Tina Fey playing Palin on TV than watching the real Sarah Palin on TV.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #8
T Blue

T Blue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
The sad thing about Palin is that Americans are likely more interested in seeing Tina Fey playing Palin on TV than watching the real Sarah Palin on TV.
Actually, the sad thing about Americans is that they would rather watch tina fey than watch Gov. Palin.
T Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #9
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Blue View Post
Actually, the sad thing about Americans is that they would rather watch tina fey than watch Gov. Palin.
Fey has better comedic chops, has a hit comedy on TV, was the head wrtier on SNL and did Weekend Update for years, had a hit movie in Mean Girls, has an AmEx commercial, and has a hotness to her that is only enhanced by her refusal to discuss the origins of her facial scar.

Palin......well, she is busy looking for answers so she can get back to Katie Couric at a future date.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #10
Tex

Here's a more reliable source on "inside the McCain campaign" then a rabid leftist radio talk show host, Bill Kristol:

Quote:
I'm told McCain recently expressed unhappiness with his staff's handling of Palin. On Sunday he dispatched his top aides Steve Schmidt and Rick Davis to join Palin in Philadelphia. They're supposed to liberate Palin to go on the offensive as a combative conservative in the vice-presidential debate on Thursday.
We can only hope. Will all due respect to the brainless "Palin is an idiot" crowd (read: no respect at all), I really don't understand the "mute Palin" effort.

How come she at the very least hasn't done the conservative talk show circuit? Medved, Limbaugh, Hannity (radio), Hewitt? Those are friendly venues where she could shore up support among the base, one of the primary reasons she was brought on board.

McCain's camp has made a tactical error here, but it's reparable.

And I really hate what Kristol reports next:

Quote:
The core case against Obama is pretty simple: He's too liberal. A few months ago I asked one of McCain's aides what aspect of Obama's liberalism they thought they could most effectively exploit. He looked at me as if I were a simpleton, and patiently explained that talking about "conservatism" and "liberalism" was so old-fashioned.
Huh? "Old-fashioned"? Ugh, I'm going to need Pepto on election night, no matter who wins. McCain can be such an idiot sometimes. Kristol continues:

Quote:
Maybe. But the fact is the only Democrats to win the presidency in the past 40 years - Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton - distanced themselves from liberal orthodoxy. Obama is, by contrast, a garden-variety liberal. He also has radical associates in his past.
Which is the point I made yesterday about the debate. Obama is Liberalism On Parade. Note to McCain: EMPHASIZE THIS. Americans don't like liberalism ... why oh why did we nominate a presidential candidate who wants to make friends with it?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/.../edkristol.php

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young