cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This place will still exist

For the very small band of travelers that may have elected to stay here, I salute you.

We will continue to soldier on. I am not 'taken unaware' of these developments. I was informed of them by a source that will remain anonymous, and took no action either in favor or against them.

I have a particular, unique, singular vision for this site. Particular, unique, singular visions don't happen by committee. They start with a single person.

Having said that, I've always had a history of collaborating with people here. I've always had a history of putting other peoples' needs before my own.

Evidence of this is in my allowing advertisement for a 'competing site', which was posted without a single person asking me if it was ok.

In a sense, this new offshoot site 'CUF' is a continuation of my old ideas. As they say, the best form of flattery is imitation. But I will not be a participant there.

I have plans for THIS site, which I have been mulling over for many months. I am in discussions with the 'Assistant to the Regional Manager' as we formulate how to put these ideas into action.

You know, I posted earlier that I only wanted people here that are willing to suffer. I really did mean that. But I didn't mean "suffer" as some of you may have thought. I mean "suffer" in the way of building something that is a radical departure from the typical message board. I didn't think it would be possible to make these changes with our current construction and membership.

If, after all this time, in getting to know me and my ideas, you believe that I might have something to offer, that will get you excited about what is possible *in life*, then stick around.

If that is only me and Archaea, then that will be plenty to get started. We invented the concepts around "Cougarguard", and we are inventing "Cougarguard 2.0" right now. The first order of business will be to see who is still around, and that will give us an idea of our resources.

I'm very excited about this and hope you will join me.

Last edited by MikeWaters; 11-15-2008 at 02:00 AM.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

The new ideas will have meaning and value, at least for me, and more probably for Mike. It is worthwhile for me.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:57 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The new ideas will have meaning and value, at least for me, and more probably for Mike. It is worthwhile for me.
Thanks for being a true friend. But if you decide this is not for you, your gesture of support will never change that fact.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:02 AM   #4
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm very interested to see what form CougarGuard 2.0 will take. Assuming I'm "intellectual" enough to take part.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:27 AM   #5
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I have plans for THIS site, which I have been mulling over for many months. I am in discussions with the 'Assistant to the Regional Manager' as we formulate how to put these ideas into action.
If, after all this time, in getting to know me and my ideas, you believe that I might have something to offer, that will get you excited about what is possible *in life*, then stick around.
Mike, you and Archaea are swell and all, but has it occurred to you to ask your users what they might like this community to be?
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:58 AM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Mike, you and Archaea are swell and all, but has it occurred to you to ask your users what they might like this community to be?
I've heard that there are fictional books are written by committee, as a kind of experiment. I haven't heard that they are any good.

Now, I'm asking a few people to trust me. And be patient. Think of me as "expedition leader."

This is a big, bad internet, and people can and do vote with their feet.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:14 AM   #7
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I've heard that there are fictional books are written by committee, as a kind of experiment. I haven't heard that they are any good.

Now, I'm asking a few people to trust me. And be patient. Think of me as "expedition leader."

This is a big, bad internet, and people can and do vote with their feet.
So after making haste and radical decisions as well as non-sensical posts the last few days you expect people to trust you? Thats kind of like the child molester that creeps in to bed with the little girl night after night and then one day decides to change his ways and tells her he just wants to cuddle and that she should just trust him.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:20 AM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
So after making haste and radical decisions as well as non-sensical posts the last few days you expect people to trust you? Thats kind of like the child molester that creeps in to bed with the little girl night after night and then one day decides to change his ways and tells her he just wants to cuddle and that she should just trust him.
It all had a purpose. You can't see it now, and probably never will.

You've probably never met a more a deliberate, cautious, careful person in your life.

Follow your inner compass. I'm following mine.

And while I think this had to happen, trust me, it's not easy for me. It hurts.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:26 AM   #9
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It all had a purpose. You can't see it now, and probably never will.

You've probably never met a more a deliberate, cautious, careful person in your life.

Follow your inner compass. I'm following mine.

And while I think this had to happen, trust me, it's not easy for me. It hurts.
If it was to drive away Seattleute then I am on board.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:40 AM   #10
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
If it was to drive away Seattleute then I am on board.
We used to be friends. In the SeattleUte threads you used to defend my name. But anyone who criticizes BYU sports is junkie's enemy.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote