cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2009, 08:51 PM   #31
BYUsportsguy

BYUsportsguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
No just ranting.

I think Bronco would prefer to be a GA as opposed to a football coach.
Would you like him better if he was your bishop and not the coach of our favorite football team?
BYUsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #32
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUsportsguy View Post
Would you like him better if he was your bishop and not the coach of our favorite football team?
One thing I can say with 100% certainty. I like him better as coach of my favorite football team than the guy he replaced. As far as being my bishop, I'd be ok with either. BYU did what they could last time a change had to be made. They made overtures to Andy Reid, followed by Norm Chow who both said no. Then they tried to get Whittingham but Utah wasn't going to be outbid on the eve of their most important game ever to that point. The staff would have completely fallen apart before their bowl game if Whittingham wasn't hired, so they would have paid whatever it took. Maybe we should have kept bidding to make them overpay even more. Who knows. I don't think we could have gotten him anyway. So then it came down to Lance Reynolds or Bronco. Do you really think Reynolds would be doing significantly better? Sure maybe there could have been a couple of darkhorse outsider type choices, but we got burned badly the last time we tried that. You do the best with what options you have, and I think BYU did that. The program was in shambles thanks to the mishandling of it by Crowton, Hale and Bateman. I think Bronco has done a good job of pulling us out of that. That doesn't mean we can't get better however.

Last edited by BlueK; 03-31-2009 at 10:18 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #33
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
So you're one of those fans that tries to suck the joy out of winning?
I'm not the one trying to suck the joy out of fanhood here, having an opinion about my favorite team. That would be you. It's lame how you are acting.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #34
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
I'm not the one trying to suck the joy out of fanhood here, having an opinion about my favorite team. That would be you. It's lame how you are acting.
Lame how I am acting? What are you talking about? Because I quietly suffered BYU "fans" sitting near me to piss all over 30 point wins? Because I didn't find that behavior enjoyable?

If you and I manage to both bluff our way through the Pearly Gates, I'll make sure you get to sit next to me so I can hear you complain about the clouds not being puffy enough or about how you miss being able to watch Dancing with the Stars.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #35
TheAzzuri

TheAzzuri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Lame how I am acting? What are you talking about? Because I quietly suffered BYU "fans" sitting near me to piss all over 30 point wins? Because I didn't find that behavior enjoyable?

If you and I manage to both bluff our way through the Pearly Gates, I'll make sure you get to sit next to me so I can hear you complain about the clouds not being puffy enough or about how you miss being able to watch Dancing with the Stars.
Is there a discernable difference between fan bitching and bitching about that bitching?
________
Kids Wellbutrin

Last edited by TheAzzuri; 05-06-2011 at 11:55 PM.
TheAzzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #36
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAzzuri View Post
Is there a discernable difference between fan bitching and bitching about that bitching?
Yes. One happens while sitting in the stadium, having paid good money to watch the team and trying to enjoy a Cougar victory and the other one doesn't.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote