cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road
Default The magic power of insult

Psychologically speaking when you playing at your home , and you are supposed to take advantage of this opportunity ,there are something which might prevente you to do so , " losing temper and insulting" is one for sure.

Insult to second party ,when they are far from of thier home, befor the game even get started "infront of audience" would create a secret dramatic sympathy toward your rival from oudience.

and this is what the culombia president was totally unaware of !

here in iran we were excitedly waiting to see a challengingly debate in an academic atmosphere ...but our hope turned out to a enormous disappointment when Lee Bollinger set off his hate speech . ( keep in mind he vowed to GRILL Mr .Ahmadinejad )

that was why the poeple out there actually got to listen to iranian president in peace and all fox news and lovely Gleen Beck's explosive effort got nowhere.

however the whole meeting was just like a journalistic sort of meeting and not an intellectual one in any way.

reading nikuman's post about Lee Bollinger's personality ..i would like to add that he was not only tremendously uninformed of iran's affair ,but also awfully out of touch of the riverly world tactics .

next time you are going to pick up a griller , find a good one !

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-27-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
Mindfulcoug

Default Be a good enemy

Old 09-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
Psychologically speaking when you playing at your home , and you are supposed to take advantage of this opportunity ,there are something which might prevente you to do so , one is " losing temper and insulting" for sure.

Insult to second party ,when they are far from of thier home, befor the game even get started "infront of audience" would create a secret dramatic sympathy toward your rival from oudience.

and this is what the culombia president was totally unaware of !

here in iran we were excitedly waiting to see a challengingly debate in an academic atmosphere ...but our hope turned out to a enormous disappointment when Lee Bollinger set off his hate speech . ( keep in mind he vowed to GRILL Mr .Ahmadinejad )

that was why the poeple out there actually got to listen to iranian president in peace and all fox news and lovely Gleen Beck's explosive effort got nowhere.

however the whole meeting was just like a journalistic sort of meeting and not an intellectual one in any way.

reading nikuman's post about Lee Bollinger's personality ..i would like to add that he was not only tremendously uninformed of iran's affair ,but also awfully out of touch of the riverly world tactics .

next time you are going to pick up a griller , find a good one !
When will we ever have an intellectual debate by governmental representatives?

You're not naive enough to believe that, are you?

Your president is a skillful politician, but do not equate political ruse and art with intellectual skills.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Anne Applebaum has an excellent article on Ahmadinejad's appearance at Columbia.

http://www.slate.com/id/2174602/fr/flyout

Her main point is that he is beating the West at our own game, albeit quite insincerely. He understands our institutions and language, so he uses that to his advantage. The debate was framed so that emphasis was placed on free speech in the United States as opposed to free speech in Iran.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Anne Applebaum has an excellent article on Ahmadinejad's appearance at Columbia.

Her main point is that he is beating the West at our own game, albeit quite insincerely. He understands our institutions and language, so he uses that to his advantage. The debate was framed so that emphasis was placed on free speech in the United States as opposed to free speech in Iran.
And we're dumb enough to play along.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Speaking of insults, if you're ever in need you can always look to Kim Jong Il for some help.

http://www.nk-news.net/extras/insult_generator.php
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:29 AM   #7
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
When will we ever have an intellectual debate by governmental representatives?

You're not naive enough to believe that, are you?

Your president is a skillful politician, but do not equate political ruse and art with intellectual skills.
well,that was exactly my point ..if there wasnot any plan to questioning him from an intellectual prospective ,so why the official invitation from a university of ivy league at the first place ? and if there was a purposes of nailing him, why this awfull unskillfulness??
Old 09-27-2007, 05:56 AM   #8
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post

well..this was an official invitation from the columbia university ..otherwise president Ahamadinejad wouldnot be allowed to assemble any meeting with professors and students in a large scale despite the fact of freedom of speach.

President Bush is always welcomed to talk in our country ,at whatever place he wants to choose to go ..as long as he does NOT forget to bring the phonetic version of his provided speech

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...peech-has.html