cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Literae Humaniores

Old 04-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Instead of mocking him, you should congratulate him for maintaining such a high level of flexibility at his advanced age.
And who says nerds don't have a highly developed sense of humor.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Boardmails get deleted, but posts are archived for future review. That is the benefit of a post over a boardmail. I've thought of boardmails, but sometimes I forget the answers, and though the wonders of archive, my answer remains there.

Again, any post you don't like, you don't have to read.

This and the religious studies section is designed for classicists thought. You may disdain classicists but you don't have to play in our ballpark.
Your point about archiving is a fair one. I have noticed that our mailboxes here require a lot of deleting.

I like your posts, so I always read them, even if some of the classicist theory is over my head....such as your recent commentary on sex camels.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #13
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Dude, stop being a turkey, or as we say in Hebrew, a רזממ
I didn't know you spoke Hebrew. So now I can bombard you with Hebrew questions, dude.

You have resh, vav, mem, mem, and vav often serves to form the "u" vowel, but what is its triliteral root?

It kinda looked like the word for buffalo. Or is it just the word for animal or fowl?
Old 04-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #14
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I didn't know you spoke Hebrew. So now I can bombard you with Hebrew questions, dude.
No problem. Just send me a boardmail.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #15
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
No problem. Just send me a boardmail.
Actually, please archive it here in this thread, so that when I decide to study Hebrew, I can come back here and have my question answered.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #16
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the greek posts. I rarely have any idea what is being said, but I find them immensely enjoyable.

In fact, and speaking truthfuylly, if I could change something about them, I would ask that each of you that posts about Greek translations (Archaea, ahem) include the english version of the text in question so I can tell what you're talking about. DOing so would actually make it interesting at times. I know you include the citation, but I am too lazy to look it up. I don't really expect you to do this, but I only point out what I would change.

In any case, don't stop these sorts of posts. I think my jokes about Punic were some of the few I have made that actually worked.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #17
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Boardmails get deleted, but posts are archived for future review. That is the benefit of a post over a boardmail. I've thought of boardmails, but sometimes I forget the answers, and though the wonders of archive, my answer remains there.

Again, any post you don't like, you don't have to read.

This and the religious studies section is designed for classicists thought. You may disdain classicists but you don't have to play in our ballpark.
Plus, I read most posts without logging in. I often don't know if I have boardmail or not.

If you don't like it, take your sorry ass back to chit-chat and discuss your favorite episode of Real World Road Rules Challenge.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #18
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I would skip it. I don't know that there's ever been a more egotistical, self-satisfied, self-important individual than Dr. Boren. No matter what the purported topic of the book, it's really about him.

Hundreds of us once waited at a presentation for nearly an hour past start time while Dr. Boren and the Governor had a standoff in their respective limos over who would get to make the final entrance into the auditorium (generally public figures enter in reverse order of rank). Finally the governor relented and came in first, allowing Boren to have the grand entrance, just to move things along.

During the ice storm two months ago Boren was more concerned about the damage to his campus trees than the fact that he had thousands of students living in dorms without power. And goodness forbid a Pac-10 ref dare call a penalty against his school's team. Hell hath no fury! I tell you, he's one odd cookie.
Well..i know not the man ,nor going to judge him after this post..what i have been amazed by was his opinions regarding the maintenance of this huge empire.
As an old saying goes ..i would rather just listen to what's being said than who is saying it.

I might sound awfully like people who always looking at the bright side of the stories ..but i think ,some top rank folks have to save thier prestige to be able to achieve louder voice to do a better job in serving thier organization, no matter how humble they are as a person. i hope this makes sense to you. Thats why i really cannot buy the "his campus and his school team" things ..dont you think you should thank him for taking care of the campus trees??
After all .. these are trees which have made america a beautiful country
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote