cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food

Old 07-31-2008, 07:12 PM   #11
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
You dated Bobby Flay? Did he keep asking whether you wanted fries with that?
He tried to rub down Triple Dad with pablano peppers and ancho chile powder.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
If I'm going to go through that much work to pick up all those different ingredients, it's not going to be Mac 'n Cheese that I make.
You just told me all I need to know about dining at the Levin house.

btw, what you call "that much work" I simply call going to the grocery store once a week with a list. You have to go anyway, pick up some ingredients.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:20 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
He tried to rub down Triple Dad with pablano peppers and ancho chile powder.
When I dated Emeril, I knew he was in the mood because he would always yell, "let's kick it up a notch!"

He never got past second base, though, even though his Essence is delicious.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 07-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #14
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
You just told me all I need to know about dining at the Levin house.

btw, what you call "that much work" I simply call going to the grocery store once a week with a list. You have to go anyway, pick up some ingredients.
If you came to the Levin house and were offered a meal with 20 ingredients, it would not be Mac 'n Cheese.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:23 PM   #15
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
I have several variations, the most complicated being a recipe that was featured by the smiling Italian lady on the Food Network (the one who likes to show us her boobies). Usually though, for the sake of time, I use the "deluxe" versions from a box that have their own cheese pouch, therefore I don't have to bother with the butter or milk.
The smiling Italian lady on the Food Network who likes to show us her boobies is Giada De Laurentiis.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
If you came to the Levin house and were offered a meal with 20 ingredients, it would not be Mac 'n Cheese.
You really should expand your epicureanism.

There is a whole world out there.

If you eat mac and cheese, you have two choices....heat up your box of pasta and cheese sauce.....or.......spend some time and make something new. These dishes take on much more character than simple comfort food when they are layered with new ingredients. They cease to be sides and can be legitimate mains.

I am down for a meal at your pad, though. I will bring the mac and cheese.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #17
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
If you eat mac and cheese, you have two choices....heat up your box of pasta and cheese sauce.....or.......spend some time and make something new. These dishes take on much more character than simple comfort food when they are layered with new ingredients. They cease to be sides and can be legitimate mains.

I am down for a meal at your pad, though. I will bring the mac and cheese.
Lebowski makes an awesome Mac 'n Cheese caserole. Toss in some macaroni, a little milk, a can of Cream of Mushroom, a handful of cheese. Slap that in the caserole dish and top with more cheese and some crumpled Lays. 425 for 25 minutes and you have yourself a dish any RSP would be proud of.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:56 PM   #18
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm, I'll have to try that one.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:12 PM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

In one of the areas I served in as a missionary, my companion was a native and the rest of us from the states. On one occasion, when it was the turn of one of the other Elders to make lunch, the kid - who had only been out for about 2 months or so - whipped up a batch of mac and cheese from scratch, though he used rigatoni rather than macaroni, as I never came across macaroni in Italy.

Anyway, my companion, who was always ready to eat (though he wasn't fat at all) sat in his seat, looked at what had been prepared, looked at the Elder who had made the meal and yelled "WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?"

After some prodding, he finally relented and ate it, but declared that from that day forth, if he was in the same apartment as this other Elder, my comp would cook the days the other kid was supposed to cook.

It was win-win. We ate his great cooking more often and that kid didn't have to cook for the next 2 months or so.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:15 PM   #20
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Il Pad, in reply to your post, Indy Coug is in a meeting with the Cub Scouts and asked me to post the following:

Quote:
Link?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote