cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road
Default Chain Restuarants

We all know that the very best restaurants are the high-end local restaurants with a unique menu and a top-notch head chef. And that the Europeans like to make fun of the US for our chain-restaurant mentality. Nevertheless, chain restaurants are here to stay. And if you are in a small town in the rural west our southern US, the chain restaurants are often much better than the local ones. At least you know what you are getting into.

Having said that, what are choices for the best and worst chains? (fast food does not count) Here are mine:

Best

1) P.F. Chang's

Excellent overall menu. Seldom disappoints. Try the new menu item called Walnut shrimp with honeydew melon. Very tasty.

2) Bucca Di Beppo

I like the family style approach and I think the food quality is quite good. I have heard a few people trash this place. Not sure I understand why. Light years beyond the Olive Garden.

Worst

1) Hall of shame: Waffle House, Shoney's, Denny's. (no explanation needed)

2) Outback Steak House

Blech. I hope I never have to go back to one of these again. Boring, over-hyped food.

3) Olive Garden

I don't even like the salads. Don't get me started on the microwaved main dishes.