cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road
Default April Fools Pranks

When the kids got up this morning, Sister Lebowski and I told them that the TV was broken and that we were going to have to get dressed and drive to church and watch conference. They grumbled quite a bit and one son even went to his room and got his Sunday clothes on. But the biggest heartache was over the fact that the TV was broken and that they wouldn't be able to play their new xbox 360 for "a few weeks" until the TV was repaired. We let them wallow in misery for a while until they finally figured out what day it is today.

Anyone else have some fun today?
Old 04-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I had forgotten about April Fools, but Mike put plastic saran wrap over the toilet next to our room last night. But when I got up in the middle of the night to pee right before having to feed the baby, he had a change of heart and told me to use the other bathroom, that toilet was broken.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't do the April Fool's thing because I tend to go overboard. Who knew that it would cause the demolition of an entire neighborhood?

No, I didn't do anything, but I've learned to not trust my mother-in-law on this day. Several years ago, she delivered many containers of hand made chocolates to her family, friends and neighbors. All were grateful until they ate one.

What she had done, was dipped pickled pearl onions in chocolate.

They were disgusting and the perfect April 1st candy.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

One year we pounded in a for sale sign in our front lawn. When our stunned neighbors called us on the phone to ask what was going on, we told them that someone in the ward had offended us and we had tried but could not forgive them so this was the only option left. We had a great time with it.

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 04-01-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

No. No pranks at our house this year.* But I once dated a guy whose birthday was April 1st. Trust me, the birthdate couldn't have been more appropriate.

*This is funny because the 7-year-old has spent the entire year saying, "mommy there's a spider on your hair...April Fools!" This was in spite of our attempts to point out that it's, say, October. Anyway, now that April Fools is here he doesn't seem interested. I'm sure he'll pick back up tomorrow.

Last edited by BarbaraGordon; 04-01-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:02 AM   #6
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Anyone familiar with the Mark and Brian show? They have a morning radio show syndicated in many cities out west, but one year they did a great prank. In the studio during their broadcast they slowly turned down the volume so listeners would turn their radios up thinking it was the radio signal or some sort of interference. Then when most listeners had their radios at full blast they cranked their volume back up in the studio. Oh man it was hilarious.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote