cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my solution for the Israel-Palestine problem

Create two states.

One state will comprise the moderates and non-loons who actually think that Israelis can work together side-by-side and live together. They will of course have to occupy areas that are less attractive (in the historic and religious sense).

The other state will be composed of the non-moderates. Those that think that Israel is destined to occupy the entire area. And those that think that Palestine will reclaim all its old territory. And of course the religious nuts that have similar views expressed in a religious context. They will all be in this other state.

The idea that you can have a Palestinian state with both nuts and moderates is crazy. As well as the idea that you can have an Israel with settler terrorist Islamophobes and secular beeboppers is crazy.

My solution is the only practical solution.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Create two states.

One state will comprise the moderates and non-loons who actually think that Israelis can work together side-by-side and live together. They will of course have to occupy areas that are less attractive (in the historic and religious sense).

The other state will be composed of the non-moderates. Those that think that Israel is destined to occupy the entire area. And those that think that Palestine will reclaim all its old territory. And of course the religious nuts that have similar views expressed in a religious context. They will all be in this other state.

The idea that you can have a Palestinian state with both nuts and moderates is crazy. As well as the idea that you can have an Israel with settler terrorist Islamophobes and secular beeboppers is crazy.

My solution is the only practical solution.
The wackos on both sides will not settle for anything but a 100% solution, including, I believe, the less desireable parts of Israel/Palestine.

Short of one side winning a war ( a real war, where one side pounds the other into submission or one of attrition where nobody is left), I'm not sure there will be peace.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

But only one side has the capability of really committing genocide. As in has the means to do it.

But of course they are the same people that are supposedly the wisest, most moral people that have ever lived.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote