cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books

Old 03-17-2008, 02:33 AM   #11
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Done. I created a 25-30 song playlist and will keep adding/editing as more music becomes available.

Enjoy.

This is really fun. Everyone should put a playlist together for the board.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Done. I created a 25-30 song playlist and will keep adding/editing as more music becomes available.

Enjoy.

This is really fun. Everyone should put a playlist together for the board.
I like your list. Somewhat. It's a little to Shins-esque indy emo for me. You need more music with balls on that list.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:16 AM   #13
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

So I am a little confused, I am trying to create a playlist but I can only add a song if they play it for me? is this right. I will keep trying.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:25 AM   #14
Coach McGuirk

never mind, got it. This is really cool and my best of 2007 mix will be up shortly
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Old 03-22-2008, 02:47 AM   #15
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I like your list. Somewhat. It's a little to Shins-esque indy emo for me. You need more music with balls on that list.
The one limitation with last.fm is that it clearly is not an exhaustive catalogue. Many of the bands I wanted to include weren't even featured yet. So I am kind of limited. That being said, it had a pretty impressive selection.

Also, I like putting playlists together that are similar, because I am rarely in the mood to hear several genres all at once.

My main goal was to try to put together samplers comprised of bands most may not have heard yet. I would be surprised if most here have listened to many of those bands (shins and a few others excluded, of course).

Lately, I also have been putting together playlists that we can all listen to in the car. My wife doesnt like harder stuff, and I dont want to turn my kids off before they are 5, so I try to find stuff that is it a bit more pop than rock.

I probably am not the guy to put together a playlist of classic rock or metal. But I certainly could put together a sampling of harder indie. If that is what is wanted, then no worries.

I wish more folks here would do this project. It seems like some of the older guard have a deeper knowledge of classic rock and I wouldn't mind sitting at the feet of my elders to glean from their wisdom. It should almost be a pre-requisite when you sign up here....go put together a playlist that represents you. That would be cool.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 03-22-2008, 02:50 AM   #16
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
never mind, got it. This is really cool and my best of 2007 mix will be up shortly
Coach, I am looking forward to it. I have enjoyed your music related comments so I am sure it will be a nice mix.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:12 AM   #17
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
The one limitation with last.fm is that it clearly is not an exhaustive catalogue. Many of the bands I wanted to include weren't even featured yet. So I am kind of limited. That being said, it had a pretty impressive selection.
Most of the song I have searched for are not available.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:21 AM   #18
Coach McGuirk

I am having the same problem. Only about a 1/3 of my best of 2007 is available. too bad. I am having to add some older stuff in to finish it out.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:23 AM   #19
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
I am having the same problem. Only about a 1/3 of my best of 2007 is available. too bad. I am having to add some older stuff in to finish it out.
I made a 2007 compendium that spans about 7 discs or so. I may just post the song titles and artists here and if people are interested, they can hunt it down.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:30 AM   #20
Coach McGuirk

okay, a little disappointed but oh well. Do i just send the embed link to Mike?