cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default I told you so.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/22/us...cs&oref=slogin

I've been predicting this all along here. These important Hillary supporters are now speaking up and saying no thanks to Obama. Obama will have to soften his pacifism and defeatism re Iraq or he'll lose this huge block of influential democrats, just like what happened to Kerry. And McCain is a lot more palatable to them than was Bush.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/22/us...cs&oref=slogin

I've been predicting this all along here. These important Hillary supporters are now speaking up and saying no thanks to Obama. Obama will have to soften his pacifism and defeatism re Iraq or he'll lose this huge block of influential democrats, just like what happened to Kerry. And McCain is a lot more palatable to them than was Bush.
Get back to me in 4 months.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Funny enough, with his "moderate" ideological approach, support of Israel, and the endorsement of Lieberman, McCain is in a unique position to appeal to Jewish voters.

In other news, Obama suggests seating just half of the Florida delegation. Good thing he didn't say three-fifths, eh?

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpoi...ized_flori.php

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

This is all you need to know about the article:
Quote:
“His father was a Muslim and you can’t take that out of him,” said Ms. Chotiner, 51, who said she would still vote for Mr. Obama, out of Democratic loyalty. “Do I have very strong reservations? Yes, I do,” she said.
Jews not voting for a candidate tinged with Islam.

The pro-Israel thought police are high dudgeon right now.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

If that's what it takes to keep Obama out of the White House, then I say "Go Israel!"

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Funny enough, with his "moderate" ideological approach, support of Israel, and the endorsement of Lieberman, McCain is in a unique position to appeal to Jewish voters.

In other news, Obama suggests seating just half of the Florida delegation. Good thing he didn't say three-fifths, eh?

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpoi...ized_flori.php
Three-fifths? Seriously- what is wrong with you?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
SeattleUte

Quote:

I wish you'd try to empathize with what it's like for your country to be in constant danger of all out miliary attack and liquidation by evil war lords. That every morning you wake up you may have to take up arms right in front of your house to save your family. If you or your loved ones lived this way you'd climb down from your prissy ivory tower in no time.

—Paul Auster
Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I wish you'd try to empathize with what it's like for your country to be in constant danger of all out miliary attack and liquidation by evil war lords. That every morning you wake up you may have to take up arms right in front of your house to save your family. If you or your loved ones lived this way you'd climb down from your prissy ivory tower in no time.
I wish you knew what it was like for your grandparents, parents, and your brothers and sisters to have lived in a refugee camp their entire lives in abject poverty, viewing across the fence as Israelis live in your ancestral home in splendor and wealth.

The war is still going. The Jews took it with war. And the Palestinians are attempting to take it back by war. The jews have signaled with their wall, not negotiating etc. that they do not intend to have a serious peace process.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

btw, what hardship have you suffered that would make you know so much? That you felt bad for your brother when he lost his 50 million dollar paycheck? Sheesh. If anyone puts vaseline in his gloves and pretends to do anything important, or stand for anything important, its you.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #10
SeattleUte

Quote:
I wish you knew what it was like for your grandparents, parents, and your brothers and sisters to have lived in a refugee camp their entire lives in abject poverty, viewing across the fence as Israelis live in your ancestral home in splendor and wealth.

The war is still going. The Jews took it with war. And the Palestinians are attempting to take it back by war. The jews have signaled with their wall, not negotiating etc. that they do not intend to have a serious peace process.
My copy of Josephus and of Tacitus say the Jews have a pretty strong historical claim of their own to the area. Did you know Islam's forebears helped the Romans conquer Israel and purge it of Jews, repeatedly? You probably think 1,800 years is a long time. Guess what. It's not.

—Paul Auster