cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The most pessismistic Romney article yet

Novak says that Romney has a tough road ahead.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/novak...t-novak27.html

If Mormons see a huge backlash against Romney, perhaps it will reawaken the sense among us that we a people set apart, not a people aiming for acceptance from fools.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

i the article was fair. i hope that romney gets an equally fair chance to show what kind of a president he could be. i would be shocked if he gets to do so however. i'd like to see what he brings to the table. seems so far, he's doing just about everything right.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #3
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

The religious right will chew him up and spit him out. He seems like a good guy, but I'd be shocked if he got too far.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:17 AM   #4
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal
The religious right will chew him up and spit him out. He seems like a good guy, but I'd be shocked if he got too far.
I just can't understand how conservative Mormons let this go like so many do. I would be deeply offended if my party would exclude a member of my faith from election based solely on his/her religious beliefs.

People keep asking, what are the alternatives? The alternative is become politically active, either personally or through financial donations. If more LDS people gave money, the Republican party would be bending over backwards for them. Look at the disproportionate impact the Jews have in the Democratic party. They are a fraction of the nation's population (about the size as Mormons), yet their policies are always considered by both parties.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:25 AM   #5
YardTime

YardTime
Default I'm not a romney fan...

and it has nothing to do with his religion. I would like to see a Reagan conservative running and Romney, imo, is certainly not that.
YardTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't like politics any more. I was involved for almost four decades, from a little tike, til very recently. However, after being very involved, from fundraiser for our highest offices, small time lobbyist, and a few other participations, I am completely turned off to it. It sucks and almost all involved are crooks, charlatans and complete assholes.

Southern Baptists are the Taliban of the West. The are terroists with no intellect, not honor and no pragmatism. To hell with them. They suck.

I know nothing about Romney except who his father was and that he can't be as bad as Hillary, who is one royal bitch in person. If I ever see her again, it will be too soon.

There was a joke on CB about Gore, Bill and Hillary before God's seat, with Hillary telling God to get out of her seat. That IS her personal opinion of herself. If she ran a dictatorship, she would run it like Stalin or Castro. Sounds harsh, but she is that much of a royal bitch.

Sore about rant, I loathe politics and nothing those assholes participating surprises me. I'd rather sleep with brothel full or whores than participate with those prostituting bastards and bitches again.

Build your wealth, serve your Church and find an island, cuz there IS nothing you can do. Good people get squashed and the only ones who gain power at the NATIONAL level are power grubbing, dishonest POS.

If Romney is a good guy, he won't succeed. To succeed, unless he has so much charisma like Reagan, he must become like the crap that is already there.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #7
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
I don't like politics any more. I was involved for almost four decades, from a little tike, til very recently. However, after being very involved, from fundraiser for our highest offices, small time lobbyist, and a few other participations, I am completely turned off to it. It sucks and almost all involved are crooks, charlatans and complete assholes.

Southern Baptists are the Taliban of the West. The are terroists with no intellect, not honor and no pragmatism. To hell with them. They suck.

I know nothing about Romney except who his father was and that he can't be as bad as Hillary, who is one royal bitch in person. If I ever see her again, it will be too soon.

There was a joke on CB about Gore, Bill and Hillary before God's seat, with Hillary telling God to get out of her seat. That IS her personal opinion of herself. If she ran a dictatorship, she would run it like Stalin or Castro. Sounds harsh, but she is that much of a royal bitch.

Sore about rant, I loathe politics and nothing those assholes participating surprises me. I'd rather sleep with brothel full or whores than participate with those prostituting bastards and bitches again.

Build your wealth, serve your Church and find an island, cuz there IS nothing you can do. Good people get squashed and the only ones who gain power at the NATIONAL level are power grubbing, dishonest POS.

If Romney is a good guy, he won't succeed. To succeed, unless he has so much charisma like Reagan, he must become like the crap that is already there.
Tell us how you REALLY feel.....
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #8
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea

For someone so fatalistic, why do you continue to talk about politics? You apparently have come to the conclusion that nothing can be done to improve the nation or politics. If so, why does your personal philosophy require that you persuade the rest of us that you are correct? Your attempts at persuasion seem to run counter to your fatalism.

I won't even start with your Hillary nonsense.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #9
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug
For someone so fatalistic, why do you continue to talk about politics? You apparently have come to the conclusion that nothing can be done to improve the nation or politics. If so, why does your personal philosophy require that you persuade the rest of us that you are correct? Your attempts at persuasion seem to run counter to your fatalism.

I won't even start with your Hillary nonsense.
Fatalists can't proselyte? WHat is inherently contradictory about that?
Old 05-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #10
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
Fatalists can't proselyte? WHat is inherently contradictory about that?
Is that TIC?

What would be the point of proselyting? The outcome for a fatalist would already be determined and no amount of work could change it.