cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #11
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Adam:
No, and I don't know that it would have been news to anyone if they had. What possible motivation would they have for sharing that in a temple prep class? I think a big purpose of the class is to drive home the seriousness of the covenants, not rattle people's faith.

Archaea:
The seven week course was ridiculously remedial. During my meetings with the bishop and stake president they both asked me what I thought of the temple prep course, and I told them both that I was very bored, and I felt that there was little to no new information communicated in the lessons. They both seemed very pleased with that response, and said that they don't want the class to be full of new information, it's supposed to be a review.

The high counselor's temple orientation meeting was perhaps the most useful. We spent an hour and a half digging around in the OT, and he had a little handout for me with all kinds of quotes from prophets and such about the purpose of the temple.

The temple was actually just about what I expected it to be. There was one part that was a bit unexpected, but after hearing things like "don't freak out" from the SP, I was just waiting for the animal sacrifices to start.

I thought the temple was great, can't wait to go back.

G's are horribly unattractive, and this fabric that my mother and sisters recommended...all other similar pairs are going straight back to Beehive clothing. I detest them. I'm sticking to the kind the roommate recommended.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote