cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2020, 11:01 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mindfulcoug, you okay?

I hope you are well.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:21 AM   #2
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I hope you are well.
Hi.Yes we are.Thanks for asking. Sorry I am late for the reply. My husband got the Coronavirus visiting the patients at the hospital. He is diabetic and developed semi severe symptoms so we had to put him in Quarantine for 15 days with the heavy meds. I was his nurse, cook and shrink for a long two weeks. He is better now and got back to work. My son and I haven’t shown any symptoms and we did not take the test either due to the contamination of hospitals and the unnecessary stress it would bring. Thanks again for your kindness. Hope you and your family are doing well too.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 04-07-2020 at 07:42 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 02:51 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulcoug View Post
Hi.Yes we are.Thanks for asking. Sorry I am late for the reply. My husband got the Coronavirus visiting the patients at the hospital. He is diabetic and developed semi sever symptoms so we had to put him in Quarantine for 15 days with the heavy meds. I was his nurse, cook and shrink for a long two weeks. He is better now and got back to work. My son and I haven’t shown any symptoms and we did not take the test either due to the contamination of hospitals and the unnecessary stress it would bring. Thanks again for your kindness. Hope you and your family are doing well too.
Good to hear.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:01 PM   #4
Archaea

Quote:
Hi.Yes we are.Thanks for asking. Sorry I am late for the reply. My husband got the Coronavirus visiting the patients at the hospital. He is diabetic and developed semi severe symptoms so we had to put him in Quarantine for 15 days with the heavy meds. I was his nurse, cook and shrink for a long two weeks. He is better now and got back to work. My son and I haven’t shown any symptoms and we did not take the test either due to the contamination of hospitals and the unnecessary stress it would bring. Thanks again for your kindness. Hope you and your family are doing well too.

I am so relieved to hear your husband is on the mend and that you are not showing signs of CoVid. Please stay safe. Some day when the matter has returned to some semblance of normalcy, I'd love to know how the society handled the situation.

Good luck to you and to your family.

Are you an epidemiologist?

What medications aided in your husband's recovery?
Did he ever need oxygen, respirator or a ventilator?

Again, I hope I am not prying too much.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #5
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I am so relieved to hear your husband is on the mend and that you are not showing signs of CoVid. Please stay safe. Some day when the matter has returned to some semblance of normalcy, I'd love to know how the society handled the situation.

Good luck to you and to your family.

Are you an epidemiologist?

What medications aided in your husband's recovery?
Did he ever need oxygen, respirator or a ventilator?

Again, I hope I am not prying too much.
It’s totally fine. I have a master in Immunology with a Microbiology background.

My husband being a gastroenterologist rarely gets sick or shows severe symptoms but this fall he actually got sick twice and was on antibiotics for his lung infection the day he tested positive for Coronavirus. Since he was one of the early cases in Iran nobody knew what med would actually work. So he tried a bunch of different medicine. Some anti inflammatory drugs some anti virus drugs.

Yes he took hydroxyhloroquine out of love for “mister t” too.

A total twenty six pills per day for almost ten days I would say. Then he lost his appetite and felt pretty depressed and worried for a while. He and I lost 15 pounds combined!

His CT showed Coronavirus signature involvement but he was never short of oxygen but because of his preexisting condition (lung infection and diabetes) and his job ( overexposing to the virus) we took cautionary actions. He would check his oxygen saturation pretty regularly, he tried lung empowering techniques and did try to rest and get hydrated pretty well.

I would constantly remind him how handsome he looked even through I barely could see his face wearing mask.

We cooked tons of chicken and vegetables soup and lamb muscles extract.
Mango, steamed apple, pumpkin and quince with cinnamon, green bell paper were also a regular. Yeah, that was fun��

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 04-08-2020 at 04:20 AM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:43 AM   #6
Archaea

Quote:
It’s totally fine. I have a master in Immunology with a Microbiology background.

My husband being a gastroenterologist rarely gets sick or shows severe symptoms but this fall he actually got sick twice and was on antibiotics for his lung infection the day he tested positive for Coronavirus. Since he was one of the early cases in Iran nobody knew what med would actually work. So he tried a bunch of different medicine. Some anti inflammatory drugs some anti virus drugs.

Yes he took hydroxyhloroquine out of love for “mister t” too.

A total twenty six pills per day for almost ten days I would say. Then he lost his appetite and felt pretty depressed and worried for a while. He and I lost 15 pounds combined!

His CT showed Coronavirus signature involvement but he was never short of oxygen but because of his preexisting condition (lung infection and diabetes) and his job ( overexposing to the virus) we took cautionary actions. He would check his oxygen saturation pretty regularly, he tried lung empowering techniques and did try to rest and get hydrated pretty well.

I would constantly remind him how handsome he looked even through I barely could see his face wearing mask.

We cooked tens of chicken and vegetables soup and lamb muscles extract.
Mango, steamed apple, pumpkin and quince with cinnamon, green bell paper were also a regular. Yeah, that was fun🥴

You sound like you do an amazing job. Congrats on his recovery. Upon hearing about the ravages CoVid was doing to your country, I immediately worried that the two of you being on the front lines might be impacted. I am glad things have changed for you. Stay safe and well.