cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 01:12 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default speaking of miles in the legs...

I've only been riding for 2 weeks now, and I feel pretty strong. I did two of my 2.60 mile intervals over 23mph. I then trailed some guys who looked fast (I turned around on the road to mike them), turned out they were only going 20mph or so (which when miking is pretty slow). So a bit later, a rider with one arm takes off (the one-armed bandit), so after he is ahead about 40 yards, I take off to join "the breakaway" (this is where aero bars are very nice, cut through the wind). I trailed him (I didn't mike him most of the time, kept back a little bit), but used him as a rabbit for 7 miles or so. He is a member of my club (never met him before). I did get alonside and ask about the Wed. group ride. It turns out that he does the FAST ride on Wed (not the ride I used to do). So I'm thinking I'm ballpark fit enough to not get dropped completely off the slow ride. So I'm encouraged.

I'm moving up the CG classification. I think I am going to skip class on Wed. and go on the group ride (I already canceled on the mutual outing to the Rangers game--I saved the ward some money cause they don't have to buy me a ticket).

Getting back to the title of my post: that I have been able to improve so quickly has to be due to the miles in the legs over 5 years, and also I have been in fairly good cardio playing bball all the time.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote