cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #31
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
My point was that the champion usually is the right champion.
You are right. I will say this though the BCS was damn lucky the past 2 years though. The Ohio State University could have had back to back national champions. If that would have happened the bitching about the BCS would be 100 times greater than it is now.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #32
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
you keep saying this and it is wrong.

non bcs teams still have a shot now. it is higly unlikely, but they have a shot.

also, you seem to imply that non-bcs used to have a really good chance back in the day, when in reality, it took a miracle for BYU to win the championship back then, as well.

the only thing that has really changed between pre-bcs and non is that now the money stays in the right coffers. under both regimes, our crappy wac and mwc schools had a snowball's chance.
I don't mean to imply that non-BCS teams had a really good chance to have won the NC back in the day, but they had a much better chance then than they do today.

If the BCS had no automatic qualifiers, it would be more fair today than before, but 6 spots automatically go to those who created the system.

The only way for college football to get it right is to have a playoff.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote