cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default And it starts already............

As soon as BYU starts winning the age factor is brought up.

Bruins' Carter wants revenge vs. BYU

By Brian Dohn, Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 09/08/2008 10:51:15 PM PDT

UCLA middle linebacker Reggie Carter can still hear the thud of the football being driven into the arm of BYU's Eathyn Manumaleuna on the last play of last season, when the Cougars blocked Kai Forbath's game-winning field goal attempt in the Las Vegas Bowl.
So, even though the Bruins opened the season by defeating Tennessee, Carter always gazed toward Saturday's matchup at No. 18 BYU in a special way.
"I've been waiting for this game since that field goal was blocked," Carter said. "Tennessee, SEC, great game, but this game touches my soul. I was crying after we lost that game. That hurt bad. That is probably up there on my top two or three most painful moments of football."
BYU's last loss came Sept.15, 2007, at Tulsa. The Cougars escaped Seattle with a one-point win Saturday against Washington to extend their nation's best winning streak to 12 games, and Carter said he was glad.
"I'm looking forward to this game. I want to dominate," Carter said. "I don't want to just win. I want to dominate. I want them to feel like I did after that bowl game, and the only way to do that is to beat them."
The Cougars (2-0) are led by Arizona State transfer Max Hall at quarterback, tight end Dennis Pitta (21 catches) and capable receivers Austin Collie (12 catches) and Michael Reed (11 catches).
Bruins defensive tackle Brigham Harwell said BYU is physical because many of the players are older, having gone on two-year church missions

"This is a BYU team that is better than Tennessee," Harwell said. "It's a different (type of) game. This team is a different age. We're playing a bunch of grown men."