cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ranking the bad asses from 24

King bad ass: Jack easily tops the list. It is not even up for debate.

Bad ass #2 is David Palmer. You can argue Tony should be ranked here but few will listen.

Bad ass #3 is Tony Almeida. He always had Jack's back and could beat anyone down, even while handcuffed and barefoot.

Bad ass #4 is Chloe O'Brian. Her taking the rifle out of the CTU car and blowing away the terrorist in season 4, combined with her being the only survivor of the attacks in the first episode of season 5, bump her above the honorable mentions.

Those are the only four worth bad ass status.

Honorable mentions:
- Curtis Manning: he would have been bad ass #4 with Chloe #5 but lost that position in the final two minutes of his life, where Jack was forced to cap him.
- Edgar Styles
- Milo Pressman
- James Heller
- Nina Myers
- Aaron Pierce

There are others who have had their shining moments, but not enough to elevate them into honorable mention status.

For example, Martha Logan tricking Charles into confessing and later stabbing him both deserved kudos, but they weren't enough to override her incessant whining and paranoia.

Additionally, Chase Edmunds killed a good share of terrorists, but (1) being caught by Salazar's henchmen, and (2) forcing Jack to cauterize his hand by attaching the Cordilla virus, were both just plain stupid.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Nina Myers was a true bad ass. Sorry, but anyone that can sleep with Jack and then kill Jack's wife when she knew she was probably going to get caught. It also says something about a person that kill Jack's wife knowing that one day Jack would have a gun pointed at your head and that he would pull the trigger. Nina Myers rocked!

I have to disagree with Milo...Milo has done very little bad assy worthy. Same with Edgar. Did he ever doing anything ballsy?

Curtis Manning is a notable as well as Mike Doyle. But we have not seen Doyle over a long period of time and it is hard to judge him.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

My AARP membership compels me to throw Jack’s dad into the mix. Overcoming his soft image from being the farmer in Babe, James Cromwell now plays Phillip Bauer and is a beddy beddy bad man. Putting aside minor things like giving nuclear warheads to terrorists (and wiping out Magic Mountain, that bastard), Phillip Bauer has earned his badass chops by killing his son with a lethal injection, getting away later by holding a gun to his grandson’s head, and then indirectly causing Milo’s death (props for that, btw) so that he could get his grandson back and live in luxurious bliss in China. As one of the resident senior citizens, I salute him, or would if he got a better haircut.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote