cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 05:43 PM   #11
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano

If people would talk about something more interesting than gays around here, I would comment more.
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #12
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

ha! amen Quisqueyano!
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #13
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I am kind of partial to the Bob & Tom show on KBER.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #14
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

I used to like Radio from Hell - used to listen to it alot, way back to the old KJQ days. Bill is a funny guy, Kerry is just annoying, although I could tolerate him. When they added Gina, I stopped listening. I never liked their politics but Bill seemed a little more reasonable - not the hater like Kerry is. Kerry is still bitter over his upbringing (I'm guessing) and despises everything conservative and LDS. He's a weenie.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:45 AM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman
I used to like Radio from Hell - used to listen to it alot, way back to the old KJQ days. Bill is a funny guy, Kerry is just annoying, although I could tolerate him. When they added Gina, I stopped listening. I never liked their politics but Bill seemed a little more reasonable - not the hater like Kerry is. Kerry is still bitter over his upbringing (I'm guessing) and despises everything conservative and LDS. He's a weenie.
I have been friends with one of Kerry's cousins for many, many years. She said that he was always the cousin that rocked the boat just because he wanted to rock it. That in itself really isn't a bad thing, as I do the same on occassion, but she always felt that his intention was never to just have fun, but to tick off as many people as he could.

Now that I know I can listen to the classic new wave, I'll be tuned in to Sirious and have no reason to listen to other stations. Like you, Doctor Venkman, I go back to the old KJQ days. Do you even go back as far as KCGL from the early 80s as I do?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:36 AM   #16
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
I have been friends with one of Kerry's cousins for many, many years. She said that he was always the cousin that rocked the boat just because he wanted to rock it. That in itself really isn't a bad thing, as I do the same on occassion, but she always felt that his intention was never to just have fun, but to tick off as many people as he could.

Now that I know I can listen to the classic new wave, I'll be tuned in to Sirious and have no reason to listen to other stations. Like you, Doctor Venkman, I go back to the old KJQ days. Do you even go back as far as KCGL from the early 80s as I do?
Interesting about Kerry. You've confirmed my impressions of him.

KCGL, wow you're old! :-) I do remember KCGL, mostly because my older sister listened to it. Was just getting into music at the time so it was mostly top 40 for me. I know my sis was pretty devastated when it went off the air.

I'll tell you, one of the coolest morning shows for a while was John and Dan on Rock 103. They had the Timmy and Mr. Twister bits. Good stuff - at least I thought it was cool when I was thirteen.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:48 AM   #17
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't listened to morning from hell in ages. Do they still hear from their Albino son Kyle, Punk and his movie reviews, and Hildy the Jew?

I remember April Fools Day 1994, when they said Dennis Rodman and Madonna were walking past Temple Square after the Jazz/Spurs game, and the Angel of Moroni fell off of the temple and crushed them. All day long I heard at least a dozen people talk about it.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #18
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

I know that this doesn't mean anything to most of you but I'm talking about it anyways.

I like SportsRadio 1310 The Ticket, esp the morning show - Dunham & Miller & Gordo, 'The Musers.' They have struck a very good balance between sports and entertainment. Exp; one segment they might talk about about what strategies tha AJ might employ against the Heat and the next they'll be doing one of their 'You might be an ass if...' as they describe people who do public things that piss them off or do a fake interview or the like. Gordon Keith is a purely comedic facet of the team as he knows absolutely nothing about sports. He does well with what he does, though. I work nights and have a 40 minute commute so l have time to listen to them in the morning on the way home. On the way to work I listen to 'The Hardline(Mike Rhiner & Greg Williams)' and they're pretty entertaining to listen to although they get bizzare and crude occasionally. Still a good show, esp with Corby 'The Cobra' Davidson doing the entertainment news & community quickhits as well as skits. And Rhiner & Williams are WIRED IN to mlb. Also Norm(10-12am) is a genius as he analyzes all the factors(the mavs right now) and gets most of the serious interviews.

That will be all.