cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Post doesn't come through

This has been happening to me a lot and irritates the crap out of me.

I just posted a long football post. It said I was logged in as jay santos on the post new thread screen. Then you click submit new thread. Then it says you're not logged in and asks you to log in. Then you do that and it says invalid thread. Half the time when this happens I check to see if my post went through and it does. Half the time it doesn't. By this time it's impossible to retrieve your post using the back button.

This has caused me to post double posts sometimes and sometimes in losing the post like this time when I feel too lazy to write it again.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos
This has been happening to me a lot and irritates the crap out of me.

I just posted a long football post. It said I was logged in as jay santos on the post new thread screen. Then you click submit new thread. Then it says you're not logged in and asks you to log in. Then you do that and it says invalid thread. Half the time when this happens I check to see if my post went through and it does. Half the time it doesn't. By this time it's impossible to retrieve your post using the back button.

This has caused me to post double posts sometimes and sometimes in losing the post like this time when I feel too lazy to write it again.
Do what I do. Anytime I go to post something longer than a couple of sentences, I select all the text and copy it to the clipboard. Just in case something happens.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
Do what I do. Anytime I go to post something longer than a couple of sentences, I select all the text and copy it to the clipboard. Just in case something happens.
Yes I do that most of the time as well. Usually when I hit back the post is still there but this time it wasn't. Just felt like complaining about something.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:23 AM   #4
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

DOes Mike have you on Auto Ignore?

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote