cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Rules, etc.

With respect to religous discussion, have you seen the fairboards? Those are sponsored by believing Mormons including unapologetic Book of Mormon apologists. Yet apostates and other stripes of non-believers are welcome to post any religious criticism, scientific discussion, etc., that may be contrary to Mormon beliefs; there are always battle-hardened apologists at the ready to take on the skeptics, however. They do draw a fine line prohibiting some material such as disrespectful argument, rudeness, and discussion of the temple ceremony. You might consider a similar approach.

Is anyone going to announce this cite on Cougarboard or even Utefans? There's no reason they should compete.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:09 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default it was "announced" but mods deleted it.

we shall see.

We need to increase traffic but it's doing well for only being a few days old.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

what are the rules about posting sites on Utefans?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:27 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

also I should say that I'm *personally* not interested in getting into a lot of conversations about whether Mormonism is true or not. But as you suggest, that doesn't mean that some of these types of conversations won't/shouldn't be allowed.

However if someone comes here constantly attacking Mormonism and putting it down, that will get old fast.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Rules, utefans

I don't disagree with anything said here. I've found that discussions about truth or falisty of religious faith wear themselves out rather quickly and become repetitive. I'm just using as an example how a pro-LDS site handles the most controversial possible discussion.

The only stuff I've seen deleted from Utefans is racist stuff and threats of bodily harm.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 06:10 PM   #6
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Discussions

I loath the approach that is used on Cougarboard ... discussion is always a good thing and I do not fear of any topic (excepting the sacred).

I do not apologize for my faith and will not hold back ... My motto is it is easier to ask for forgiveness.

Please note I am devout, I love going to church, love the gospel and am grateful for the many callings I have been given.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:38 AM   #7
JazzyUte

JazzyUte is an unknown quantity at this point

I once got a post of mine deleted. It was not racist, nor did I ever threaten anyone. However it did tick off a lot of people because it was pretty sexual in nature. Ironically, it was one of my highest rated posts ever.

It was a mocking of Trounce about how I slept with a BYU Cheerleader, who rejected me after I told her I was a Ute fan.
JazzyUte is offline   Reply With Quote