cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Huckabee haters...

Can we agree that your Huckabee hatred is the mirror image of Evangelicals hating Romney because he's Mormon?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:57 AM   #2
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Can we agree that your Huckabee hatred is the mirror image of Evangelicals hating Romney because he's Mormon?
I don't hate Huckabee because he's Christian, I dislike him for being a "retard for Christ." I think there's an important difference. Similarly, I don't hate Romney for being Mormon (obviously), I dislike him for thinking that his belief makes him superior to those who don't believe.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Sorry. We just can't.

Evangelicals dislike Romney because they don't want Mormonism legitimized, gaining more converts and leading more souls to hell. They believe that God will punish the United States if a non-Christian were elected. Their biggest fear of a Romney presidency is for the spiritual well-being of our nation.

I dislike Huckabee because he used to be fat. Disgusting.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default My problem with Huckabee is that I just don't think he is intelligent...

His comments about quarantines for HIV (not AIDS, but HIV) positives illustrated ignorance at a high level IMO.

His pardoning 703 inmates during his time as Governor without having spent enough time on each case to verify its merits scares the hell out of me. Again it illustrates his ignorance. He may want to come off as compassionate, but principles without pragmatism can cause bad things to happen.

Finally his lack of knowledge of the Iran intelligence report that has been big news over the past few days tells me that Mr. Huckabee is completely out of his depth on anything larger than a few rural communities. Do I want a guy like this with key influence on international affairs?

He studied theology, it sounds like he has missed out on other key learning opportunities. The more I listen to him, and the more I learn about him and how he managed Arkansas the more he strikes me as someone who although can be charming with his quips, lacks the academic background to handle a role as POTUS.

My biggest concern for this cycle are economic questions. How the US can get back on the horse as a world leader in commerce, erode the debt that is suffocating this country and put the US back in the catbird seat in regards to energy. Those are what are important to me as a voter, and Huckabee's economic savvy or should I say lack of has me disregarding him as a viable candidate.

I also think that of those running for GOP, he is the most harmless to Hillary and Obama.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Clear sign that your campaign has a little explaining to do: In retrospect, Madonna was right and you were wrong.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
His comments about quarantines for HIV (not AIDS, but HIV) positives illustrated ignorance at a high level IMO.

His pardoning 703 inmates during his time as Governor without having spent enough time on each case to verify its merits scares the hell out of me. Again it illustrates his ignorance. He may want to come off as compassionate, but principles without pragmatism can cause bad things to happen.

Finally his lack of knowledge of the Iran intelligence report that has been big news over the past few days tells me that Mr. Huckabee is completely out of his depth on anything larger than a few rural communities. Do I want a guy like this with key influence on international affairs?

He studied theology, it sounds like he has missed out on other key learning opportunities. The more I listen to him, and the more I learn about him and how he managed Arkansas the more he strikes me as someone who although can be charming with his quips, lacks the academic background to handle a role as POTUS.

My biggest concern for this cycle are economic questions. How the US can get back on the horse as a world leader in commerce, erode the debt that is suffocating this country and put the US back in the catbird seat in regards to energy. Those are what are important to me as a voter, and Huckabee's economic savvy or should I say lack of has me disregarding him as a viable candidate.

I also think that of those running for GOP, he is the most harmless to Hillary and Obama.
DJ, I know you are a big romney booster here. After the speech, it seemed like most, if not all Romney supporters here and on CB were praising that speech as a breath of fresh air and a political blow to adversaries.

What is your take on follow-up polls on Friday that show Huckabee as the clear front runner now in Iowa? How do you analyze the actual impact, if any, of Mitt's speech in light of the most recent poll? Just curious. I maintained that speeches generally do little long-term (or short-term) benefit. I thought Mitt's speech was another example of that....great speech, but doesn't change too many votes.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote