cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 03-05-2015, 03:18 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cindy Crawford

When I was a horny teen, if I had to name one celebrity woman who I thought was the epitome of sexy, it was Cindy Crawford.

So I saw with amusement the "unphotoshopped" version of her that was circulating the internet recently.

And now the retort from the Crawford camp that that shot was actually photoshopped to make her worse, that they wrinkled her stomach up. And her husband posted a pic on social media that showed her contemporary beautifully sculptured stomach.

I tell you, it's just been whiplash for me. So many emotions careening from one direction to another. She was hot. She's not hot. Wait, she is not.

Now with wisdom and age I've come to believe that it really doesn't matter whether Cindy Crawford is hot. In fact she doesn't matter at all. Unless you're into renting furniture (her ads).

In fact, it doesn't even matter if your wife is hot. Or was hot. I'd rather be married to a fat woman who likes me than a hot woman who's sick of me. As you can imagine, it's pretty easy to become sick of me. Or so I hear.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:34 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Hehe, Rooms to Go Cindy Crawford commercial just came on.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
When I was a horny teen, if I had to name one celebrity woman who I thought was the epitome of sexy, it was Cindy Crawford.

So I saw with amusement the "unphotoshopped" version of her that was circulating the internet recently.

And now the retort from the Crawford camp that that shot was actually photoshopped to make her worse, that they wrinkled her stomach up. And her husband posted a pic on social media that showed her contemporary beautifully sculptured stomach.

I tell you, it's just been whiplash for me. So many emotions careening from one direction to another. She was hot. She's not hot. Wait, she is not.
Yeah, she was #1 for me as a teenager as well.

Quote:
In fact, it doesn't even matter if your wife is hot. Or was hot. I'd rather be married to a fat woman who likes me than a hot woman who's sick of me. As you can imagine, it's pretty easy to become sick of me. Or so I hear.
I don't believe you.
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:01 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
I don't believe you.
I believe my theory, but I probably wouldn't have the guts to try it out.

Look at Arnold Schwarzenegger. They say that he preferred ugly girls, because they were more impressed/appreciative.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I believe my theory, but I probably wouldn't have the guts to try it out.

Look at Arnold Schwarzenegger. They say that he preferred ugly girls, because they were more impressed/appreciative.
I don't believe you.

Maria Shriver wasn't ugly or fat.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

He married her for status.

The thing is that we guys think we can have everything in a spouse. Physical beauty, love, patience, personality, etc. There's always tradeoffs and compromises. 15 years down the line, physical beauty counts less and less.

The same applies to women trying to find a husband. You can't get everything.

Last edited by MikeWaters; 03-12-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:02 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I actually kinda know a guy that dated one of these "dream" celebrities.

He is a friend of some of the guys I play basketball with. And when he visits from LA he has played ball with us several times. This actress actually came out and watched one of the games (I was not at that one).

And I know that he did indeed date her because I googled him and the actress, and there were the usual gossip websites remarking on their relationship. He is an E-list actor (that's between D and F).

Anyway, talking with one of his friends about the relationship after it was all over. The story I got was that it was a huge mistake for him, in his own opinion. He got caught up in the glamour of it all, but really it was no fun and she had expensive tastes that he could not afford.

Say I was single. And EVEN IF I KNEW it would end in disaster...and in this scenario a now old Cindy Crawford "falls" for me and wants to date me, etc. And I know beforehand that it's not going to end well, that I will be sucked dry to the bone of my money and mental health...could I say "No thanks."

It's easy to say that I would walk away, but I doubt any of us could. It's called "faith".