cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 11:11 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ranking late night talk shows

Late night talk shows:

1. Conan--Seriously, he is a very, very funny man. His monologue is solid, his skits are very funny and he is very good at interviews.

2. Colbert Report--maybe its because he is new, but he is very entertaining to watch. I love his show and his personality.

3. Letterman--The standard bearer. When the Television award show did a Honor for Johnny Carson, it is interesting that they picked him to do it instead of Jay Leno. Letterman is always there for a good laugh and I think he really set the tone for late night.

4. The Daily Show--I still really like it and John Stewart is terrific. I had to take a break from it for a while, but it is a great show.

5. The Soup--not really fair to include it here but this is a very, very funny show. It is on only once a week on E! but it is great. If you have not seen it, it is worth 30 minutes.

6. Craig Ferguson--I have been mildly surprised at him. He is solid.

7. Jay Leno--I am not a Jay Leno fan and I never will be. He takes easy jokes and he does a lot of sexual type jokes. I hate his man on the street skits. Anyway, not a fan.

Just my thoughts.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
OhioBlue

OhioBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
Late night talk shows:

1. Conan--Seriously, he is a very, very funny man. His monologue is solid, his skits are very funny and he is very good at interviews.

2. Colbert Report--maybe its because he is new, but he is very entertaining to watch. I love his show and his personality.

3. Letterman--The standard bearer. When the Television award show did a Honor for Johnny Carson, it is interesting that they picked him to do it instead of Jay Leno. Letterman is always there for a good laugh and I think he really set the tone for late night.

4. The Daily Show--I still really like it and John Stewart is terrific. I had to take a break from it for a while, but it is a great show.

5. The Soup--not really fair to include it here but this is a very, very funny show. It is on only once a week on E! but it is great. If you have not seen it, it is worth 30 minutes.

6. Craig Ferguson--I have been mildly surprised at him. He is solid.

7. Jay Leno--I am not a Jay Leno fan and I never will be. He takes easy jokes and he does a lot of sexual type jokes. I hate his man on the street skits. Anyway, not a fan.

Just my thoughts.
my ranking would be:

1 The Colbert Report. the threat of bears is real, people.
2 The Daily Show.

That's it.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBlue
my ranking would be:

1 The Colbert Report. the threat of bears is real, people.
2 The Daily Show.

That's it.
I'm with you pal. I go to bed when Colbert signs off.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote