cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 05:31 PM   #91
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Yes, and I thank you for trying to be helpful. I'll keep it mind the next time a pajama party comes up.
Actually, just keep me in mind if you are looking for museums.

I have little experience with pajama parties.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:43 AM   #92
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road

Update:

So Wednesday, while the pajama wearing heathens were at school, we had a fun time hiking around Cedar Mountain in the San Rafael Swell. Turned out the dinosaur museum was closed so we went hiking and had a geology lesson instead.

Apparently the principal of the school agreed with me because today (Thursday) the kindergarten teacher was nowhere to be seen. I'm not sure if she was fired or suspended or what, but I'll let you know.

Personally, I think firing or suspending her is too harsh because she's a pretty good teacher. I would have thought a written reprimend in her permanent record would have sufficed.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:00 AM   #93
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
Update:

So Wednesday, while the pajama wearing heathens were at school, we had a fun time hiking around Cedar Mountain in the San Rafael Swell. Turned out the dinosaur museum was closed so we went hiking and had a geology lesson instead.

Apparently the principal of the school agreed with me because today (Thursday) the kindergarten teacher was nowhere to be seen. I'm not sure if she was fired or suspended or what, but I'll let you know.

Personally, I think firing or suspending her is too harsh because she's a pretty good teacher. I would have thought a written reprimend in her permanent record would have sufficed.

I doubt she was fired since since it is quite common for kindergartens to hold a rare pajama day. I am sure the day was approved beforehand by the principle.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:03 AM   #94
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Update:

You're pulling our legs or pulling a grapevine, right?

You can't possibly believe what you're writing. You wouldn't survive Vegas for one scintilla of a moment.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:06 AM   #95
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Update:

Is it possible that the kindergarten teacher is on PTO, visiting the Museum of Sex (on 5th Avenue)?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:14 AM   #96
Burning Bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You're pulling our legs or pulling a grapevine, right?

You can't possibly believe what you're writing. You wouldn't survive Vegas for one scintilla of a moment.
I don't know why she wasn't there, for sure. I'm just hypothesizing.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:18 AM   #97
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't know why she wasn't there, for sure. I'm just hypothesizing.
You really objected to a pajama wearing at school? I thought you were joking, making fun of ultra fundamentalists in the Church. Weren't you mocking the Taliban with this thread?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:54 PM   #98
Burning Bright

Update No. 2

OK, I found out why the teacher wasn't there yesterday. The story was on the front page of the local newspaper (Manti Mormon Messenger) this morning.

Apparently, the teacher has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation. The School Board has convened an emergency meeting this evening. I'll report back afterwards and let you know what went on.

To all those that have PM'd me offering support and advice, I really appreciate it. Due to the large number, I haven't been able to answer each one personally, but I really do appreciate your kind words. To those that have offered to make financial contributions, thanks, but it's really not necessary.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #99
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
I must say, that most of you are pretty out of touch with mainstream America. I found a poll on the MSNBC website that showed 61% of Americans think pajamas at school are inapropriate. I realize it's a non-scientific poll so who knows what the actual percentages are.

Who would thought that Cougar Guard would be such a hotbed of liberalism and permissiveness. Cougar Board, maybe, but not Cougar Guard.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9428590/
Just because I wouldn't pull my kid out of school over this, doesn't mean I think it is appropriate to wear pj's to school. Duh. And I don't think its inappropriate for your reasons.

Yes, I think you are unreasonable.

Last edited by NorCal Cat; 10-25-2007 at 07:15 PM.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #100
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Update No. 2

OK, I found out why the teacher wasn't there yesterday. The story was on the front page of the local newspaper (Manti Mormon Messenger) this morning.

Apparently, the teacher has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation. The School Board has convened an emergency meeting this evening. I'll report back afterwards and let you know what went on.

To all those that have PM'd me offering support and advice, I really appreciate it. Due to the large number, I haven't been able to answer each one personally, but I really do appreciate your kind words. To those that have offered to make financial contributions, thanks, but it's really not necessary.
Do you have a link to that article? I couldn't find it on Al Gore's Internet.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote