cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #51
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Reasonable people would have instantly interpreted it that way. However, the past 72 hours has been priceless so I vote we keep the current interpretations.

Remember how Utenation thought the sign held up at College Gameday in 2004 that said "Hey BYU, where is YOUR god now?" was so nipplehardening and laid that smackdown to zoobies worldwide? I just think Elder Collie was answering the question, albeit a year or three late.

Emasculation complete.
Very good point. I hesitated bringing it up since I've derived so much enjoyment from ALUF and non-ALUF reaction. I just wanted to assuage any embarassment the cougar faithful here might have.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #52
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Reasonable people would have instantly interpreted it that way. However, the past 72 hours has been priceless so I vote we keep the current interpretations.

Remember how Utenation thought the sign held up at College Gameday in 2004 that said "Hey BYU, where is YOUR god now?" was so nipplehardening and laid that smackdown to zoobies worldwide? I just think Elder Collie was answering the question, albeit a year or three late.

Emasculation complete.
So instead of reading his words, we should read his mind and determine what he meant. The statement he made is not the same as the interpretation that PK gave the quote. I would think a reasonable person would take the quote at face value, and not just drop a portion of the comment out.

But if Collie wants to stand all blinged out on his Rameumpton proclaiming his greater righteousness I guess that is fine. However, when they lose don't blame me if I think it is because the Pusherman's pager was getting buzzed a few extra times that week.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #53
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
So instead of reading his words, we should read his mind and determine what he meant. The statement he made is not the same as the interpretation that PK gave the quote. I would think a reasonable person would take the quote at face value, and not just drop a portion of the comment out.
Totally honest here Funk, do you really think Austin Collie thinks God intervenes in a college football game?

This is a case where Ute fans need the moral superiority, in lieu of not having the physical superiority, so they take something and run with it because it was exactly what U/they were looking for. It allowed you to not talk about the fact that 12 months after Harline, Beck and Brown took BYU to a great year the Cougs were right back there with new guys. It is a very sucky reality to face so Ute fans would rather whine about the refs, abusive LES hooligans (it seems that many Utefans are Ponyboys in drag) and how Austin Collie's words do more damage to the mormon church than the Carthage Grays. Sometime you folks can stop being self-righteous pussies and use the common sense God gave to us all.

You got beat and to be blunt I have never seen the U fanbase so emasculated yet.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:28 PM   #54
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Totally honest here Funk, do you really think Austin Collie thinks God intervenes in a college football game?

This is a case where Ute fans need the moral superiority, in lieu of not having the physical superiority, so they take something and run with it because it was exactly what U/they were looking for. It allowed you to not talk about the fact that 12 months after Harline, Beck and Brown took BYU to a great year the Cougs were right back there with new guys. It is a very sucky reality to face so Ute fans would rather whine about the refs, abusive LES hooligans (it seems that many Utefans are Ponyboys in drag) and how Austin Collie's words do more damage to the mormon church than the Carthage Grays. Sometime you folks can stop being self-righteous pussies and use the common sense God gave to us all.

You got beat and to be blunt I have never seen the U fanbase so emasculated yet.
All is right in the football universe again.

The Cougs rule, Utes drool.

Cougs throw out "God helped me", and like bait in a starved holding pen, Utes suck it down.

And to make it more righteous, two "controversial" penalties enable the Cougs to their rightful place in the football pantheon.

This is how life by Lavell planned it and how it should ever be.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #55
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:

But if Collie wants to stand all blinged out on his Rameumpton proclaiming his greater righteousness I guess that is fine. However, when they lose don't blame me if I think it is because the Pusherman's pager was getting buzzed a few extra times that week.
A reasonable person would've let the comment slide altogether instead of whinging about it like a spurned lover. Good grief, after all the chest-pounding about "guaranteed win" and now this, you folks need two sleeves, a pair of coveralls, and a double-wide tie to wear your feelings out on.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #56
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:

Well based on his statement, yes he does think that God intervenes.

"But obviously you know when you are doing what is right on and off the field, I think the Lord steps in and plays a part. Magic happens."

"The Lord steps in," sure sounds a lot to me that he is saying that God intervened in the college football game.

I'm not claiming moral superiority, the Utes have stupid players too. The fact that Tate is an idiot, doesn't make Collie any less of an idiot.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #57
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Go listen to what he said. You can't say definitively he meant it as you have taken it. My gosh. You are a Ute fan and you sound like those BYU mullah types who like to tell you what the Profit meant when he speaks.

Suck it up. If he said he was promised 72 virgins on top of the win, they maybe you would have a legitimate gripe.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #58
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

"But obviously you know when you are doing what is right on and off the field, I think the Lord steps in and plays a part. Magic happens."

"The Lord steps in," sure sounds a lot to me that he is saying that God intervened in the college football game.
As I said, you could use the common sense God gave you or you can whine like the women of Srbrnica.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #59
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

And who are we to disagree? Didn't you see the quote from McCain saying he thought he saw Collie in front of him? Who else could have provided McCain with a vision at the wrong time?

If Collie believes it and makes it work, it works for me. And if the Utes hate it and it ferments more torment, then Utenation will work itself into a veritable frenzy of zoots.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #60
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Steps in a plays a part. Do you know what "a part" means. Holy crap, you should be on his case for him and Hall taking as much credit as the Lord himself. I know evangelicals would be all over this kid for not giving the Lord full credit.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote